One year ago...

Options
One year ago today, I set up an account on MFP. I had no idea what I was doing...but I knew I had to do something. I was the heaviest I had been over my entire life. In fact, the last time I was that starting weight, I was 9 months pregnant. Ouch. I wondered how I had ever let it get to that point, and was tired of not feeling good about myself. So I started logging my food. This seemed like an easy thing to do. And exercise....I really didn't do anything crazy. Just added some walking. 20-30 minutes, 3-4 times per week. Later on, I added Zumba classes (which I decided I loved!). In the first week, I lost 5 pounds. I thought "Wow, that was easier than I thought." But I had convinced myself that this first week was just water weight, and it would slow down considerably. It did slow down, but continually kept dropping. How motivating, to get on that scale and see that number decrease...even if it was just a couple ounces. (I will say, I'm one of the obsessive types who weighs in EVERY day. I know that's not necessarily the preferred method, and I do understand that there will be fluctuations...but that helped me keep things on track.) I hit my 50 pound goal in May, and have been steadily maintaining since then.

I don't have an emotionally-charged or monumental event that triggered this journey (although those of you who do - I have the utmost respect!). I guess I just want people to know that YOU CAN DO THIS! I still eat "normal" food; I still eat out on occasion; I still make frozen pizza once/week. I haven't "given up" any food. I just choose better things most of the time, and splurge on things occasionally.

So thank you MFP, for helping me take back my health, my life, and my confidence! One year down, a lifetime to go!!

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!