cant get back into it

Options
2»

Replies

• mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Some really good support guys, nicely done.
  • florabora
    florabora Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What is it about vacations that screws everyone off a loop? I went through the same thing last year when I went to the beach. Once you are out off a routine its basically starting over again. The best thing is start back up on your routine asap before the will power goes on vacation and the fat returns! Its tough but just think how you first were before exercising. do u really want to be back in that state of mind?
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but my answer is just suck it up! I think we all go through seasons of not wanting to make the effort but when we slack and start to fall into old habits we hate ourselves for it. Don't give in to the temptation!

I make sure I get some exercise in even when I'm traveling (for work or pleasure) so I don't get out of the habit. It may not be as long or as intense as when I'm home but that time is carved out every day so I don't get complacent. If I'm in a situation where I can't get it in, I make sure I get right back on track when I get home. You can do this!
  • jjay23
    jjay23 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but my answer is just suck it up! I think we all go through seasons of not wanting to make the effort but when we slack and start to fall into old habits we hate ourselves for it. Don't give in to the temptation!

I make sure I get some exercise in even when I'm traveling (for work or pleasure) so I don't get out of the habit. It may not be as long or as intense as when I'm home but that time is carved out every day so I don't get complacent. If I'm in a situation where I can't get it in, I make sure I get right back on track when I get home. You can do this!

I knew it was going to be suck it up lol damn it! I did some yesterday and have pre logged for today which usually motivates me to do it. thanks for the support :)
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    we do walk everywhere as I dont have a car but I dont finish work till 5 and she is only little, by the time we get home she is exhausted bless her. I have to wait till I have made her tea and then put her to bed for 7 its getting the motivation to do that but kick up the *kitten* lol
    [/quote]

I think you have to be realistic in keeping your child in mind. I see too many children whose parents drag them everywhere not regarding the child's need for their rest.

Until your child is older you may have to settle for keeping your exercise routines at home. Maybe for motivation, you have a girlfriend that could come and work-out too? Having young children requires sacrifice but there is no more important job than to be a Mom to your child. That can include eating sensibly and exercising as much as possible when your partner is home to help with childcare. Best of luck in finding a solution and staying fit, you can do it!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I would quit making excuses and do it.

Or just give up, the choice is yours.

gee thanks for this! obviously I wont give up, was just looking for a few tips

& I gave you two.

im not suggesting you were wrong nor was I suggesting that I was going to give up. I was saying is there a tip or do I just kick my *kitten*. I do pop in a dvd I do go for a run when my partner isnt working but I had lost motivation. Only asking for a handy way to get it back. I do exercise I have lost almost 30lbs already and dont have much more to lose so obviously doing something right :)

So you want tips on how to get your motivation back? No one can give you that. You have to get that yourself. Not trying to be mean or rude, just being honest. You have to decide if you want it or not. It's that simple. No one can make you do it, no one can give you tips on how to motivate yourself. Heck, I could literally try to light a fire under your a** but if you don't want to move, you won't.

It simply is a decision and then a choice. You must decide how bad you want it and then you make the choice to either do it or not.

I understand, I went on a 2 week vaca to Ireland and came back and it was hard to get back to a routine, but I made a decision and made a choice.
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,356 Member
    Options
    I have found that the later in the day it is, the harder it is to kick yourself in gear and workout. You are probably mentally and physically drained after working and taking care of your daughter. I would suggest you try the reverse. I teach all day....then I have afterschool classes that I teach some days and then head home to make dinner, feed dogs. If there is time to work out, I have already found that I am beat. I set the alarm early while my hubby sleeps, I feed the dogs, work out or go run or ride my bike and then come back in change clothes, walk the dogs and it back off to teaching classes all day.

It is most definitely mental so you have to push through that part. And the longer you are not exercising the easier it will become to continue in that pattern.
  • davekyguy
    davekyguy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Get a jogging stroller of a bicycle with a kid seat (or tow behind) and take her with you. She will LOVE it.
  • jjay23
    jjay23 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    thanks guys. I am going to try the morning work out whilst the household sleeps te he managed to get some in. jut having some positive reinforcement and hearing how other people manage is great! If I could get her to sit in a stroller that would be great but she refuses little monkey!