those doing or done C25K

Options
For those of you that have finished the 9 week program- how much have you lost during this time??? Those still in the process how much have you lost thus far?

I am seeing a major change in my clothing however I am on week 8 and have only lost 3 pounds!

Replies

• kennedar
    kennedar Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I just started. I just finished workout 4 week 1 - I anm doubling the timeline because I have never run before. It does not surprise me that you did not see a huge change on the scale but did in clothing. My legs always hurt when I am done a workout so I know I am gaining muscle.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    I'm in Week 9 right now, and I too have only seen a couple pounds drop. I'm not suprised, with muscle gain and the fact that I very often eat back most/all of my exercise calories. And for me, my weight loss has been crawling lately anyways now that I'm getting close to my final goal.

Don't worry about the scale! Just be happy about how healthy you are now!
  • mpos
    mpos Posts: 55
    Options
    I finished C25K sometime ago but am maintaining my 5K runs at least3x/week. I lost 10-12lbs. However, I also did Jillian Michael's shred workout during around wk 7. And yes, I first noticed the changes when I put on my clothes. The muscles started getting more defined when I did the shred.

Since I am now just maintaining my weight, I do both 5K runs & shredding. I also make sure that I maintain my intake within the required calorie count for my height & body type. As a bonus, I am also starting to see my oblique ab muscles. I am quite curious to see how they`ll turn out a year from now.

Best hopes for your journey.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say to you all, with running, definitely, DEFINITELY measure yourself weekly, if only to see the inches reduce and keep you motivated.

Also, running can make you swell up immediately after a session until a few hours later when your body has calmed down.

Keep running though, it is one hell of a calorie burner! :flowerforyou: