I need chicken breast recipes!!

Options
AbstractAsterism
AbstractAsterism Posts: 153 Member
Ok, here's the deal... I love chicken. I do. Always have. My husband, who is Navy, got tons of chicken on the boat because it was cheap. So he wants NOTHING to do with chicken. The compromise is I make him and my son what they want for dinner, and I make my own healthier option. So the other day I bought several chicken breasts, because well, as I said before, I love chicken. Last night I marinated one in Italian dressing and baked it, served with roasted potatoes and green beans. LOVED IT. But, now I need variety because I don't want to do that every night. I'm also not saying I'm going to eat chicken EVERY single night, but probably most. So, suggestions?

Replies

• mollyya90
    mollyya90 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I coat my chicken in Panko and spices. Bake it and when it's done sprinkle red pepper on top and green onions its so delicious! Also put chicken, garlic, olive oil, lemon, red potatoes, green beans in a pan and bake all together. So yummy!
  • owieprone
    owieprone Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    girl after my own heart! i love chicken

water down a half a tsp of honey, brush on and grill. i could eat that EVERY night!

grill cut in half and put some philly in the middle, add some garlic too for kiev sort of thing :P

rub some tikka (or any curry) spices on and grill or dry fry (or use coconut oil to fry)

grill or fry with nothing on then just ladle some gravy over it with lots of steamed veg :P~ omg i'm soo having that tomorrow for tea!

you could marinade it in beer or wine too

you could always make yourself a curry and just freeze portions of it? we do that alot.
    chicken chilli too

chicken soup, freeze the excess.

chicken pie! my husband makes the best chicken pies. he soo needs to make them more often... <...gets the whip out

chicken breasts, tin of condensed soup and frozen broccoli cover with breadcrumbs, stick in oven for 30 odds minutes until cooked through and broccoli is good...

that's all i can think of at the mo.. i eat chicken ALOT love it. best meat ever... after bacon.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I cook chicken almost everyday and I usually do boneless chicken thighs (I like the flavor of them and they are inexpensive). Here are some ways I make my chicken that my husband and I enjoy:

* Barbecue chicken (having this tonight). I just use bottled sauce and cook my chicken seasoned with black pepper in a small amount of sauce, about 1 TBSP per piece of chicken.
    * Garlic thyme chicken (sprinkle sea salt, black pepper, dried thyme, and garlic powder on chicken and cook with cooking spray or a small amount of butter.
    * Mexican chicken (cook chicken in salsa and sprinkle the top with cheddar cheese)
    * Teriyaki chicken (I use bottled sauce). I often turn this into a stirfry meal.
    * Buffalo grilled chicken using hot sauce, a small amount of butter and black pepper for the sauce.
    * Cajun chicken using cajun seasoning sprinkled on the chicken.
    * Lemon pepper chicken using fresh squeezed lemon, a small amount of butter to cook the chicken in, salt, a small amount of garlic powder, and black pepper. Italian seasoning is also good in this.

There are others, but I can't remember them all right now. Going to keep an eye on this thread for new ideas.
  • verticallyfit
    verticallyfit Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite recipes that I do often:

Cinnamon Apple Chicken with Feta Cheese and Raspberry Sauce
    6oz of Chicken Breast (cut into pieces prior to putting in the pan)
    1 medium apple (apx 100-120grams) cut in to small slices with peel still on.
    Directions:
    Cut up the chicken and put it in pre-heated pan with enough water to cover the bottom of the pan. Season chicken:
    ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
    ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
    ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
    Once chicken starts to cook a little (1 min or so) add in the apples.
    Add ½ teaspoon of cinnamon sugar
    Cook all until done- apples will be soft and chicken cooked all the way through
    • You will have to continue to add water will cooking dish always keep enough to cover bottom of the pan and keep apples boiling
    Plating:
    Once chicken and apples are on plate add
    1oz of president fat-free feta cheese (or your choice brand)
    2tablespoons of walden farms raspberry vinaigrette dressing (more if desired)

*Also good over rice & with gorgonzola cheese instead of feta. You can use peaches & goat cheese as well

feel free to follow me on instagram @verticallyfit I post new recipes pretty much daily!
  • Sonj1973
    Sonj1973 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Bump....chicken lover :)
  • soccermom5314
    soccermom5314 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A friend gave me this crock pot chicken recipe:
    4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
    1 pkg taco seasoning
    1 jar salsa
    cook on low in the crock pot 6-8 hours and then shred the chicken.

We use it in tacos or I just put it on top of a huge salad. My friend uses hers in chicken enchiladas.
    It freezes really well and thaws great. If you freeze and thaw you can always reheat with a bit more salsa if needed.

After the first batch I did cut it down to 2 breasts for my husband and myself. It was still enough for at least 2 meals for both of us without burning us out on the dish!
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    i do whatever spices i feel like mixed with a unsweetened light yoghurt and paint it on then oven bake

or

red kidney beans, black beans in chilli sauce, salsa, corn and onions, and some taco seasoning in a crockpot. when cooked i drain off the liquid, shread the chicken and cook a bit longer. i eat this mix with anything and everything
  • ArtemisRuns
    ArtemisRuns Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Pound flat. Marinade in a light Italian dressing, then grill. I vacuum pack these breasts and freeze them, b/c they are so versatile - can be used in Mexican food, salads, wraps, etc. So flavorful.
  • CLL1001
    CLL1001 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Check out skinnytaste.com she has some really great chicken (and other) recipes
  • italral
    italral Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just cook up 4-5 whole breasts in my crockpot once a week with basic no salt seasoning, shred it and use it for all my meals. Have it in salads, sandwiches, wraps, tacos, soups, the list goes on. I just can't cook chicken everyday, but I love to eat it everyday.
  • chefstew79
    chefstew79 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Grilled Chicken Breasts With A Sweet Chipotle Glaze
    6 Chicken Breasts
    4 oz Sugar Free Apricot Jam
    4 oz Grey Poupon
    2 oz Chipotle (i.e. Smoked Jalapeno in Adobo Sauce)

Mix Apricot Jam, Grey Poupon & Chipotle. Grill Chicken and coat in glaze just before removing from heat. Alternately, pan sear chicken then braise in sauce in oven.
  • donnadeehurtcassidy
    donnadeehurtcassidy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I use lots of different spices. Just mix them up & u can create great flavors. 1-Rosemary, hot pepper, curry. 2-Garlic, poultry seasoning, chili powder. I just grab anything in the pantry. Don't forget some salt & pepper too.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Stir fry with vegetables
    Chop it up with veggies and bake it in a pie crust
    Cut it in thin pieces, thread it on a skewer, spray with peanut oil, and broil like a shish kebab or coat with peanut sauce or creole sauce of any other sauce you like
    Fast fry and dip like chicken wings
    Wrap in wonton wrappers and steam with scallions
  • EllieMo1
    EllieMo1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is a good chicken recipe that I make quite frequent, its awesome as tacos, quesadilla filling, on a salad, etc.

In a crock pot
    put as many chicken breasts as you want (or chicken thighs) in
    Dump 1 jar of salsa - any flavor ( even the mango pineapple was tasty!)
    Add 1-2 jalapeños depending on how spicy you like it
    chop up a bunch of cilantro
    The juice of a lime
    A packet of taco seasoning
    Mix all together

Cook until done, I like it shredded or you can leave the chicken pieces whole and eat them that way.

Easy and delicious!
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    well for me i just steamed it or grilled it with no salt or pepper,oil,,etc

but if i wanted to have yummy taste,, i marinate it with a little salt,vinegar & lime juice
  • CatAMcC
    CatAMcC Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    bump