No Exercise!!!!

Options
I've not been motivated to work out for a week now!!!!! The scales certainly noticed! I gained a pound this week :-( Wishing my body didn't feel so fatigued of the evenings. I NEED to exercise!!!!!!!

Replies

• vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I've not been motivated to work out for a week now!!!!! The scales certainly noticed! I gained a pound this week :-( Wishing my body didn't feel so fatigued of the evenings. I NEED to exercise!!!!!!!

Working long hours and being tired are very common in our society. If you can make time even for 20 minutes of walking, or something that can get your heart rate up - then you will have more energy. I started out by walking my dog in the morning and in the evening - 40 minutes each time - Now, I've added the stationary bike for 30 minutes and Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD (only takes 20 min). Some days I will also walk - but it is getting daylight so late and dark so early that I haven't been doing that except on the weekends. Try to find some time each day and that will definitely help you.

Blessings

Vickie
  • wan2b21
    wan2b21 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    When i don't feel like exercising i just go for a walk down the street.. But make sure its more than fifteen minutes! You can do it!
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I find that I just have to get started. I almost always manage to get a good workout in when I don't feel like it, once I get going. That first step sure is a doozie though. Good luck, I hope you find your mojo soon!
  • jeanineadele
    Options
    If you work through it you may find your more relaxed and happy when you finished. Maybe just go start around the block and see if you can work your way back up. If it is dark when you get home just do a short stretching video to relax yourself.
  • juday3
    juday3 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. If you don't have access to a gym late at night or its too dark to go for a walk then I suggest purchasing one of the Leslie Sansone walk at home DVDs. They are cheap at Walmart or check her out for free on exerciseTV.com. The walk at home workouts are very low impact, and before you know it you've done a mile or two. I was kinda skeptical at first. the DVDs are kinda cheesy but they help when I'm pressed for time or if its yucky outside or if I don't really feel like working out hardcore that day. Best of luck to you, Cheers!!!
  • sonjataki
    sonjataki Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Everyone has really given some good advice on a main remedy for getting motivated- just getting started! I have found it actually helps me to start even smaller to get myself going. Maybe just start with some leg lifts while sitting on the couch. Keep some handweights next to it and start doing some curls. The next thing you'll know is you'll be off the couch getting some cardio in! If you're really pressed for time, 10 min Solutions have some fun and awesome workouts that can be done in only 10 minutes.
  • jsportster
    Options
    I , too, find that just getting started is the hardest part. If I'm tired, I just convince myself to do one mile and then if I still feel like quitting for the day I do, but most often I have my best workouts ever on these days! Just make it a habit and it gets easier. Routine and consistency are key with weight loss! I've kept 60 lbs off for 12 years!
  • kaymac
    Options
    Okay I can hear everyone here say "yeah, right" but honestly for me it was realizing if I don't get my self up at least an hour and a half earlier in the morning then there would be no time later in the day to do it. Plus when you get up and workout before you eat you are actually burning more fat. Actually there are a lot of pluses to doing it first thing in the morning and really for me the biggest has been that it just plain gets done. Nobody loves their sleep more than me but I really had to make that a priority. Try it!
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Can you get a friend to walk with you? I won't work out by myself - I need the accountability. I walk every evening with my sister. Knowing she's waiting for me is what makes me do it. It's super hard to work out and stay motivated on your own. Finding someone to work out with might help.