I gotta wedding to get in shape for...

Options
and it's mine!!!! Although it's not til August 2011, I want to give myself some time to shape up!!! Looking for some inspiration...

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    congratulations on the pending nuptials, you will find lots of inspiration here. And giving yourself a year is very realistic. I don't know what your goals are, but you can develop some good habits and see results in a year. Welcome!
  • bridee2b
    Options
    Thanks asjerven!!! Still finding my way around the site at the minute, but I'm sure that it will all make sense to me soon enough!
  • scarletjg
    scarletjg Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey bride! My wedding is the same month, same year and I have a lot of losing to do before then. I've been putting it off for a while now, saying I'll get on it soon but soon came today. I just finished putting up pictures of wedding gowns I love around the house for inspiration. I have no idea what my fiance will think of this but, frankly, I don't care!!! haha I also just finished day 1 of the 30 day shred and plan on doing the whole shebang this time. I can't see myself wearing a white gown the size I am right now so I had better lose weight. There's a wedding coming and I kind of want to be a part of it. :)
  • platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Options
    Congratulations! We'll cheer you on! Welcome to MFP! :-)
  • shimmerngspirit
    Options
    Congrats!

Inspirtation... Go try on some weddings dresses. That got me to shape up for serious~!
  • VCStarr
    VCStarr Posts: 155
    Options
    Congrats! Mines December 2012! :) We can help each other make it to some beautiful wedding pics!
  • nicoleg98
    Options
    I have a wedding to get in shape for, mine is Jan 11 so its coming and fast. I was determined to get in shape over a the time frame of my whole engagment, however that didnt happen oops, now im hoping to full fill the image that I want to have on my wedding day! Congrats to all those that are looking forward to the special day as well! It helps alot to not only think of the wedding day but the honeymoon too, beach body here I come!! :smile:
  • HIzara
    HIzara Posts: 187
    Options
    wowwowoooooooow.. all these bride-to-be!!! AWESOME!

Well, let's get a move on ladies!

I just wanted to look good for Halloween but you ladies have a real situation at hand! Feel free to add me for motivation. I workout everyday, so you;ll be getting alot of workout posts from me. :)
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    My wedding is July 2011 and I need to get my butt in gear! Glad to see there are other people in the same situation as me!

Anyone want to be buddies so we can help each other stay sane through the wedding planning process and weight loss process? Add me!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Yep my date is july 7, 2012 so i have a year to lose and a year to maintain...and i'm on a serious mission...there's no fartin' around here...
  • kristilovescake
    Options
    I wish I would have taken control of my weight as soon as I got engaged so I would have had a year to lose and year to maintain but I was way too lazy. Ugh!
  • lilRicki
    Options
    it helps that i'm in a wedding august 2011...and i am by far the biggest girl out of 7...they are literally all a size 0...now i know i'll never be that size but i'd like to look a little healthy, and not like i just ate their wedding cake
  • kristilovescake
    Options
    It's sad to say, but I'm glad I don't have tons of really skinny friends in my group of close friends. I find it very intimidating to be the fat girl in a group of skinny girls! Although one of my friends (my MOH) is going to hopefully become a skinny girl with me since we both want to lose weight to look good at my wedding.
  • lilRicki
    Options
    That's awesome motivation...my MOH isn't tiny either...but my bridesmaid (the one i'm standing up for) is the size of my thigh...unfortunetly my MOH isn't jumping on my bandwagon...neither is my fiance for that matter lol but that just means i'll be the hottest one at this party! It's funny, you should see my broomsmen...they're both really tall and skinny...and then there's my fiance, he's Super tall, and has a 56' shoulder span...so we have a very odd looking wedding party. but what can you do when your friends are odd?
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all you brides-to-be!! That is definitely great inspiration to start losing! I am hoping to lose so that I can become a bride-to-be.

Happy losing ladies!!
  • kristilovescake
    Options
    That's awesome motivation...my MOH isn't tiny either...but my bridesmaid (the one i'm standing up for) is the size of my thigh...unfortunetly my MOH isn't jumping on my bandwagon...neither is my fiance for that matter lol but that just means i'll be the hottest one at this party! It's funny, you should see my broomsmen...they're both really tall and skinny...and then there's my fiance, he's Super tall, and has a 56' shoulder span...so we have a very odd looking wedding party. but what can you do when your friends are odd?

My MOH and bridesmaid are both quite a bit larger than me, but my bridesmaid just had a baby so I don't expect her to be tiny! I wish my bridesmaid lived closer so she could join us at the gym and we could all be fit and healthy, but maybe I can help inspire her I guess. I'm almost 5'2 and my fiance is 6'4 and I haven't met his best man so idk if he's tall but my MOH and bridemaids are both a good 6"-10" taller than me. I'm going to look like a midget!