Options
2»

Replies

• ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    http://www.leighpeele.com/starvation-mode

Read, Apply.

Also start eating the required amount you're supposed to.
  • Turnaround2012
    Turnaround2012 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    ...... Every time I go, I sweat buckets, exhaust myself, pushing my limits instead of casually just doing some weight, just for the sake of saying I did the exercise.....
    ..... Just in the last year did I learn to push myself beyond what I thought I could do, not to let my mind take over my bodies abilities and that If my shirt is not WET... most likely there is a need for a more high intensity workout!

This is where I finally am at too. It all started when I got serious about lifting weights instead of machines and when I started using an HRM for my cardio.

I have to bring two towels now!
  • aetzkorn14
    aetzkorn14 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Your not eating near enough and your eating a lot of processed premade food which are usually high in sodium and will cause you to retain water weight. Try making you own food and eat more of it, you are starving yourself.
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    This is a simple estimator for what you should be eating to maintain. If you work out regularly (3-4 days) use the light activity level as your estimator. This is a guesstimate of your TDEE. A sensible approach is not go lower than about 20% of TDEE. It will have you eating more than 1200 but as the other posters have mentioned, this is not enough and you will have way more energy in the long run too.

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/
  • csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the input. I set my calorie goal based on how many pounds I'd like to lose a week and my total lbs to lose. Maybe they're not realistic, I just want it to be.

I don't log on the weekends and I know I should, especially when I have several glasses of wine and end up eating "drunk eats"...I'm not as disciplined on the weekends and I know that's probably hurting me.

I'm afraid of eating more calories, but I'll take your word for it.

Losing 2 lbs per week is only realistic if you have 50 lbs or more to lose. If it's less than that set MFP to lose 1 lb per week, or half a pound if you're down to your last 10 lbs. Eat back half your exercise calories.

Log everything, even weekends, alcohol and "drunk eats." Use a food scale for accuracy. Be patient.

THIS
  • kokorae
    kokorae Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Can someone please take a look at my diary and see if you think I'm eating enough calories for the type of workouts I'm doing or not? I am 5'0", 173# and my BF% is 38.2%, yikes I know, but that's why I'm here. ;)

I calculated my suggested calories to be 1200 based on another website, but the one posted in here (http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/) says I should be eating 1552 at minimum.
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Can someone please take a look at my diary and see if you think I'm eating enough calories for the type of workouts I'm doing or not? I am 5'0", 173# and my BF% is 38.2%, yikes I know, but that's why I'm here. ;)

I calculated my suggested calories to be 1200 based on another website, but the one posted in here (http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/) says I should be eating 1552 at minimum.

If you were completely sedentary and did nothiing, minimum you should be eating is...

1575 calories
    100g carbs
    142g protein
    70g fat
  • kokorae
    Options
    Noted, so if that's how much I should be eating, how am I supposed to lose fat? I'm already pretty much working out as much as I can without joining a gym. I'm sure I could do more. But am just wondering.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Noted, so if that's how much I should be eating, how am I supposed to lose fat? I'm already pretty much working out as much as I can without joining a gym. I'm sure I could do more. But am just wondering.

If you're eating at a deficit you'll be losing fat. The idea of a small deficit (plus resistance training and lots of protein) is to make sure that you only lose fat, without sacrificing your muscle as well. 1575 is a deficit for you if your sedentary TDEE is 1725 (which is what I go when I put in your stats).

You do need to make sure that you use a food scale and log everything you eat so that you don't lose your deficit to inaccurate logging.

ETA: if you exercise you would eat more to fuel your workouts.
  • kokorae
    Options
    I do use a scale and log EVERYTHING that I eat/drink. Although I lived a pretty sedentary lifestyle up until about a month ago, I have a pretty active arrhythmia, and the Mio I bought last month, told me that I burn around 2200 daily lol. How accurate that # is, who knows. I get what you mean now with the deficit. Thanks!