binge days

Options
am i the only one that has binge days?

as in, restrict calories for 6 days, and then eat whatever you want for 1 day.

Replies

• lizziecheek
    lizziecheek Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    What do you consider restricting? What do you consider a binge?
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    No, because it can cancel out an entire week of a deficit...
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    A lot of people have a "free" day, "break" day, day off, etc. It's usually not an issue if you eat right the rest of the days, and don't truly "binge" on the break day. You can do a lot of damage in one day, speaking from experience, if you not only eat whatever you want, but stuff yourself until you feel ill. When you do that, often the "break day" turns into a break week. I personally don't use a break day, although there may be times when I splurge food-wise, because I tend to have trouble stopping once I start.
  • toscasprayer
    Options

restricting: small/medium breakfast (eg: toast with fried egg), small lunch (eg: 1/2 apple), small dinner (eg: small bowl of pasta or a salad) with plenty of water and black tea and no snacks

binge: normal breakfast (eg: 2 weetbix with honey and milk/2 pieces of toast with avocado), medium/large lunch [broken up over lunch breaks] (eg: 1 ham cheese tomato sandwich, fruit cup, muesli bar), medium dinner (eg: 1 felafel roll/medium bowl of curry or pasta) with water, black tea and small snacks (eg: 1 strip of spicy chicken if im craving meat/iron)
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options

restricting: small/medium breakfast (eg: toast with fried egg), small lunch (eg: 1/2 apple), small dinner (eg: small bowl of pasta or a salad) with plenty of water and black tea and no snacks

binge: normal breakfast (eg: 2 weetbix with honey and milk/2 pieces of toast with avocado), medium/large lunch [broken up over lunch breaks] (eg: 1 ham cheese tomato sandwich, fruit cup, muesli bar), medium dinner (eg: 1 felafel roll/medium bowl of curry or pasta) with water, black tea and small snacks (eg: 1 strip of spicy chicken if im craving meat/iron)

Your binge day sounds normal and your restricted day sounds like starvation
  • Adirafox
    Adirafox Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    1/2 apple does NOT equal a small lunch. That isn't even a snack!
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    small/medium breakfast (eg: toast with fried egg), small lunch (eg: 1/2 apple), small dinner (eg: small bowl of pasta or a salad) with plenty of water and black tea and no snacks
    wtf.gif
  • AmandaJCole13
    Options
    Yeah...try 1/2 a sandwich...or a whole one on light bread...with a WHOLE apple.
    No criticizing here, I get it. But that might be a healthier suggestion. :)
  • stef_monster
    stef_monster Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have a 'free day' once a week. It's not really a free day, since I eat normally until I get off work, then usually have a splurge dinner (pizza, something with lots of pasta or rice, a salad with full fat dressing, tons of cheese, and croutons, etc). Sometimes my husband and I will have a 'cheat meal' if we go out together on an off day, and even then we try to keep it within reason.

I find that indulging yourself with a rich meal once or twice a week won't kill your progress if you've been sticking to it.
  • XsnakyX
    XsnakyX Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I usually don't count my calories on one meal a week which is usually Sunday.
  • histora
    histora Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I might have a day every so often where I don't track, or I just do an estimate. But even then, I'm making smart choices, I just take a bit of the pressure off. Maybe I have that piece of pie, or a Starbucks with whip and caramel. A treat day for myself. But I would be devastated if one day of craziness erased my week's work.

However, what I am describing is nowhere near what you described. Your definition of binging does not compute to me. Sorry, but honey, I think you might want to eat a smidge more.