Weight loss

Options
Hi!
Initially I weighed 112lbs and was 5"2. My goal is to go up to 115 or 120(losing fat and gaining muscle!) and my body fat percentage is around 23-25%.I have started going to the gym about three months ago. I now weigh 109 lbs. Along with working out i started eating more healthy. I drink plenty of water everyday, I also cut out every soft drinks and sugary stuff... I don't really have cheats because i dont feel the need for it. Altough i'm always hungry I try to reach for the healthiest things such as fruits, veggies, whole wheat rice crackers etc. What I want to get to is the fact that I haven't seen much of a change on my body! I do feel that my back and arms are a bit more muscular but other than that, nothing! Also I have been trying to get rid of my belly fat by dropping my body fat percentage but I don't think it's working :S Also, when I go to the gym, I lift weights and when I do my reps it's hard to finish but when i wake up the next morning I am never sore.. Does that mean I should train harder?
What am I doing wrong? Any tips on what i should do?
P.S sorry for my English, French is my first language!

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking and weighing your food? Are you eating at a caloric surplus?

You need to eat at a surplus to gain weight.
  • doudliie
    Options
    I do track everything with my fitness pal and most of the time i have a couple of calories spare.
    What i meant by i want to weight more is that i know my weight will go up because i will gain muscle mass.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    I do track everything with my fitness pal and most of the time i have a couple of calories spare.
    What i meant by i want to weight more is that i know my weight will go up because i will gain muscle mass.

Except it won't go up unless you're eating at a surplus. Working out alone won't do it. Did you program a weight gain into MFP?

If you input a weight gain, you're tracking calorie burns, and eating to the target - and still losing weight - then you may need to adjust some settings (for example, activity level).
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    To gain the muscle you have to eat above maintenance, not at a calorie deficit. If you're still losing weight, you are not going to be able to gain muscle.