getting out of slump!

Options
My name is Carrie and I have been battling the buldge since my third child was born! I do not have enough energy to exersize, but have been watching what I eat, but the pounds keep pilling on! For dinner tonight I went over my protein and fat grams................................SOMEONE HELP ME!

Replies

• carriengary
    Options
    My name is Carrie and I have been battling the buldge since my third child was born! I do not have enough energy to exersize, but have been watching what I eat, but the pounds keep pilling on! For dinner tonight I went over my protein and fat grams................................SOMEONE HELP ME!
  • mel_0211
    Options
    I'm almost constantly going over my protein count, but that's energy. Besides, after a cup of diced bonelss chicken breast on a salad, a glass of non-fat milk and a turkey sandwich over the course of a day...it's easy to exceed the protein count. I'd worry more about the fat. For me, it was a matter of relearning how to prepare everything (grilling vs. frying, mustard vs. mayo, etc). It can be a difficult change at first, but a little at a time and eventually it becomes old hat. I've even switched some of the old basics (ground meat, sausage, hot dogs) in my household to turkey products to save on the fat and increase the protein and no one has noticed! Maybe try focusing on one area at a time so it's not so overwhelming. I'll be glad to help out any way I can...I've read just about every website, article and a lot of the books that are out there and use bits and pieces of all of them to make it all work for me, my schedule and my budget. We all will have a bad day here and there, but it's the overall effect that matters!
  • Wizeman22
    Wizeman22 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Add me