P90x or insanity?

Options
My hubby has decided that one of these two programs is what he wants to start with.....crazy I know...but hey it gets me a new program to workout to,lol. Any pros or cons to either of these?

Replies

• jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Both are good programs. The main difference is:

Insanity: Fast paced, a great deal of lower body focused moves and/or plyometric styled movements. Intense cardio, lots of sweat. Unfortunately, all of the videos are basically the same despite the different titles. Also, after about a few weeks or so, some people report feeling pain in their knees, ankles and lower back..........probably attributed to all of the explosive jumping movements that are part of the workout.

P90X: More slow and methodical, but intense activity and movements. Each video is focused on a specific region of the body, except for the yoga and cardio/Kenpo workouts, which focus on strength, flexibility and movement respectively.

My suggestion, do both..........Google "insanity p90x hybrid" to find a wealth of available calendars. This way you get the best of both worlds, the intense muscle building and/or toning along with the extreme cardio.
  • lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Thanks.....not sure both are in the budget .....p90x sounds better....
  • rolemodel69
    Options
    P90X !
  • Traveezy
    Traveezy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    just remember p90x requires you to have some equipment where insanity does not? both are awesome programs just kinda depends on what you are looking to do.
  • ShannonMK9
    ShannonMK9 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Both are great programs - think about what you guys enjoy doing and look to see which program is a closer match - best programs are the ones you enjoy
  • VioletNightshade
    Options
    A few of the men I know say they preferred the body P90X gave them to Insanity, and looking at the results images, depending on what your hubs' goals are, he may agree.

Personally I prefer Insanity for both men and women's bodies, but some guys like the more muscley look (which P90X. Seems to be more geared towards)

Some people say there's no difference in the bodies they give you, but I've noticed a difference, and so have a lot of people I know.

Both are excellent programmes, and you may just want to flip a coin to decide and save up for the other.
  • julesyb1982
    Options
    I just started T25 by Shaun T (of Insanity fame) and so far it's kicking my BUTT! May be an option as well? It's just as expensive as the others tho.
  • lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I told him to look online for videos of both and see which one he thinks will work. I will check out the T25 too. I have hip hop abs and love it!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I only know Insanity by reputation, but I do P90X on a regular schedule and really like it. I do the strength workouts and supplement it with running and biking as my cardio. I am not sure I would like Insanity since it is more cardio focused. I would rather get my cardio in outdoors.
  • 1975jobu
    Options
    P90X requires equipment and the workouts are longer. I'm on my second round of Insanity & it's great...I lost 14 lbs on my first round.