Daily Check In - Wk of 9/20/10

Options
2»

Replies

• Nlongenecker
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes!

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes. Tracked everything & drank all my water.

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Just stayed on track. I know its basic, but its an accomplishment for me lately.

What would I have done differently? Nothing, I was pretty happy with it.

What is today's personal goal? After watching biggest loser last night, I set the goal of running a mile. I am not a runner, & I had my doubts. But I did it. It was slow, but I did it!

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) 3/7 Mon-walk, tues-walk, Wed-jog)
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    What is today's personal goal? After watching biggest loser last night, I set the goal of running a mile. I am not a runner, & I had my doubts. But I did it. It was slow, but I did it!

Totally amazing!!! :D What a great start. Walking every day and throwing in 1-2 jogs a week is a great way to get started and you'll feel so accomplished when you are done! Make sure to warm up and cool down with a brisk walk, and do lots of stretching. You'll be loving it in no time!
  • Nlongenecker
    Options

Totally amazing!!! :D What a great start. Walking every day and throwing in 1-2 jogs a week is a great way to get started and you'll feel so accomplished when you are done! Make sure to warm up and cool down with a brisk walk, and do lots of stretching. You'll be loving it in no time!

Thanks for the encouragement. My DH runs, one day I will be able run beside him without feeling like I'm gonna die. That's one of my goals.
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes I did!

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Hmmm... somehow it was the elliptical that didn't fit into the schedule!

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Staying with-in my calories - again!

What would I have done differently? Skipped the small seconds on stroganoff, and found a lo-cal recipe. (Anyone got one?

What is today's personal goals? ironing, C25K, Bible study, the usual house stuff.

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 2/5 days of exercise
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes!

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes. Ran my mile.

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Ran. Had a few munchkins at Dunkin Donuts & had Starbucks & still stayed on track.

What would I have done differently? Not had Dunkin Donuts & Starbucks in one day. I made it work, but skipped a real dinner because I got a vente latte & 1/2 the chocolate chip banana bread at Starbucks at 5pm. Should have skipped that and had real food for dinner.

What is today's personal goal? Today is going to be very busy. But I want to fit some kind of exercise in.

• meagalayne
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes. I ate some of my exercise calories but I had a totally healthy day - loads of protein, good fats and only 1/2 cup of rice with dinner (amazing Morrocan Beef Stew!) Felt satisfied all day, which is always a plus.

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes. I did circuit training for 35 minutes and I brought my boyfriend dinner + dessert, all which fell into my calorie goals. And it made me look super sweet :P haha So it's win win! I get to eat healthy and score points with him that I can redeem later when I need my computer fixed! heheh

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? I did circuit training with cardio + weights on my own at the house and I did not let up on myself. I'm always so amazed at the things my body is capable of and what I can do when I don't allow myself to quit. I would have never thought myself capable of pushing through that workout 1 year ago.

What would I have done differently? Not a whole lot! I tend to pack my breakfast full with lots of good stuff but also and excess of sugar, so I need to find a healthy replacement. Had pumpkin puree with my oatmeal today to boost the fiber and added some spices and a tiny drizzle of maple syrup. Not sure if that's any better. I'll log it and find out!

What is today's personal goals? speed walk 2.2km to the trail, run 2mi uphill in following with my 10k training regime, and speed walk home. Should take me approx 1.5 hours.

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 3/7 - not too shabby!

Have a great Thursday, everyone!
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? No, over by 116.

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? No, did not fit exercise in.

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Went to my favorite coffee shop & just got coffee. Usually I feel the need to get a baked good to go with my coffee. But I took my low calorie ginger snap cookies instead.

What would I have done differently? Went to bed earlier Wed. night so I could have gotten my butt out of bed in time to exercise...at least 116 calories worth :smile:

What is today's personal goal? Run 1 mile again.

• Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes I did!

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Got to get to the Bible study, yet, but had a busy and productive day!

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Staying with-in my calories - again, even including all those hi-cal snacks at Bunko. Thank goodness for veggies w/o dip!:love:

What would I have done differently? Gone straight to be after Bunko. More sleep!

What is today's personal goals? elliptical, Bible study, lunch with a friend, the usual house stuff.

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 3/5 days of exercise
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Morning everyone!! TGIF! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? All but sodium yes. I had tons of exercise calories to use up, but I actually ended up using none of them. I tried a 167 cal pumpkin spice oatmeal for brekkie that helped me out greatly with cals for the day!

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes, and then some! I estimated 1.5 hours and only 4.4km+2mi - turned out to be 8.25km total! and it only took me 68 mins :D Great work out but I am realllly feeling it this morning.

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? I burned over 500 calories jogging + walking! I also had a pretty healthy day, save for the sodium, and no sweets all day. Good stuff!

What would I have done differently? I would have snacked less before/after work last night... I work at a bar from 10pm-3am on the weekends and I always bring snacks. Last night I ate them even though I wasn't feeling 100% and wasn't hungry. Its just habit (Im a zombie at 3am). They are healthy snacks but I really don't need to be eating if I'm not hungry...

What is today's personal goals? Take a rest! Today is my scheduled rest day. My body is hurting from circuit training and running and definitely could use the rest. I'm going to aim to stay under my calories without exercise today... Could be a challenge!

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 4/7 - getting there! although I suppose it should be 4/6 since I rest once a week....

Have a great day, everyone! Looks like you guys are doing great too :D
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? No, over by 268. I am not proud of this, but I did better than a normal Friday.

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes, I ran 1 mile again

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Didn't eat junk...let me explain. DH works out of town Mon-Thurs. & we both have Fridays off so we have a 3 day weekend together. This is usually when any progress I've made with weight-loss is tossed out the window. For instance, yesterday we got a couple of movies to watch at Redbox and here's what he got to snack on during the movie - Giant Mr. Goodbar, Whoppers, Raisinettes, potato chips w/ dip and pop. Do you see my dilemma? And he sits right next to me and consumes this. And he is in good shape, not fat and can eat like this!!! Anyways, back to the point...I had two small pieces of the Goodbar and that was it! So I was pretty proud of that.

What would I have done differently? Made more effort to stay w/in calories.

What is today's personal goal? Stay under calories (already exercised today:smile: )

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) 5/7 Mon-walk, tues-walk, Wed-jog, Fri-jog, Sat-30 Day Shred)
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? No! :grumble: I was more than 300 calories over!

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? It took til midnight, but I did~!

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? DID do the elliptical, (1st time in a long time!)

What would I have done differently? Very light dinner after lunch out with a friend

What is today's personal goals? C25K, Sunday school & Bible study- prep -(too much sitting) I will have to set my timer to move around ever 20 minutes!

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 4/5 days of exercise
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? No, over by 268. I am not proud of this, but I did better than a normal Friday.

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) 5/7 Mon-walk, tues-walk, Wed-jog, Fri-jog, Sat-30 Day Shred)

What is it about these week-ends??!! :ohwell: We just want to relax! Love the 30 Day Shred. I really want to put that back into my routine once I get comfortable with this 5K thing,

I think a Friday-flub won't hurt us too badly. :wink: (i hope)
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yep! And I didn't eat any exercise cals either :D:D:D Pretty happy about that.

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yea. Really happy about it. I said I was going to rest and I did - I walked instead of running and I only walked around 3.5-4mph instead of my usual 4.25-ish. I burned between 250-300 calories (different estimates everywhere I check) but I didn't eat any of them, so I am really happy about that!

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? I managed to go on a walk and not allow myself to jog, which is a struggle. My body always wants to push itself now and jogging is such a nice stress release. It makes me feel great about what my newly fit body can do and how I'm changing my life. BUT, we definitely all need to rest sometimes and I was so achy so I am proud that I walked instead. Helped to loosen me up a bit.

What would I have done differently? Nothing! I was really happy with my day yesterday and what I ate. No one ever wants to cook on Fridays so I made a huge greek salad and we put a roasted chicken pizza in the oven. I had one slice and then filled up on salad and stayed under all my dietary goals. Treated myself to a soy latte at night too :D Mmmm

What is today's personal goals? Hike at least 5 miles - maybe more. I have no idea how long the trail is but we should be out there a good 1.5-2 hours. I'm also hoping not to snack too much after work at 3am. I'm working at the bar again tonight and I really want to keep myself in check. I'm aiming for a really good weekend to have a great result this weigh-in (Mon).

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 5/7 - good walk yesterday and looking forward to a great hike today - am REALLY getting sad that the weather isn't going to stay like this for long :( No idea what I'm going to do this winter....
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? No, this time I was just 75 over!

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Did it!

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? C25K and stayed really close to my calorie goal even with going to a luncheon wedding shower, having the whole family for dinner, enjoying appetizers, elk steak (surprisingly good) and a few glasses of wine)

What would I have done differently? 1 less glass of wine would have kept me in the allowable range! :frown:

What is today's personal goals? Enjoy a relaxing Sunday that includes a long, slow & easy walk

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 5/5 days of exercise :flowerforyou: Did it!! :flowerforyou:
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes, all but my sodium (curse left-over Korean food!) once again. I was well below my cals since I hiked/walked for 2+ hours.

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Sort of, but I'm happy with it. We only managed to hike 3.2mi since that's when the trail ended, so we drove down to the lake afterward and added another 3mi along the water. I wasn't sure how much I actually burned on those walks so i just didn't eat any of my exercise cals! I also only had grapes after work, which was pretty good for me!

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? I was active with my boyfriend, which I absolutely loved. There is plenty more of that to come :)

What would I have done differently? I would have liked to drink more water, but its hard to leave work to use the washrooms so sometimes I have to be mindful of how much I drink...

What is today's personal goals? Long and slow run, 4 miles. My calves and hips are hurting but I'm going to take it easy and hopefully I'll make it with a decent time! Anything under 45 mins and I will be very happy.

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 6/7 - very happy with my progress here. I am totally loving being active every day.
  • ejsmith7
    ejsmith7 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm new here, this seems like a great thread...

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? For the most part, a little over on carbs and sodium

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Took a break at work to go for a walk...Shhhhh

What would I have done differently? Start bringing more fruit & veggie snacks to work(I work 13hr shifts on the weekend)

What is today's personal goals? Have a good day to carry me into the week

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 5 days (elliptical, mtn bike & walking)
  • goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    New daily check in for this week :bigsmile: Have a great week everyone! :flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/122780-daily-check-in-wk-of-9-26-10
  • goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm new here, this seems like a great thread...

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? For the most part, a little over on carbs and sodium

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Took a break at work to go for a walk...Shhhhh

What would I have done differently? Start bringing more fruit & veggie snacks to work(I work 13hr shifts on the weekend)

What is today's personal goals? Have a good day to carry me into the week

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 5 days (elliptical, mtn bike & walking)

Welcome ejsmith7!!!