over/under/even

Options
I decided that I needed to start a group of my own to do something to get me back on track. I thought that if I have to post whether i was over/under/even on my calorie goal each day for everyone to see then I might be more motivated to stay under or at least even. I figured if I was over then I would write by how much so that i am holding myself accountable for my actions. Please feel to join me if you want.

Today was not so great. I was over by 301 calories. My downfall was the wheat thin toasted chips, they added an additional 360 calories because I ate way over the serving size. I also had a cappucino today that i don't normally have. Tomorrow I will hopefully have better results!

Replies

• vaavamom1
    vaavamom1 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    i am usually under. I generally am not able to finish my excercise calories .....
  • lmorgan327
    Options
    I think that is a great idea and gives you a chance to reflect on what to do the next day, and how you can improve. Those wheat thins are so good- who would think they have so many calories. Good luck!
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I think this is a great idea because if I tell a real person I will also be held responsible. Yesterday I was way over but it was also my first day and I didn't exercise at all. Today I exercised so I was under my goal. GREAT IDEA!
  • spinndiva
    Options
    I think that is a great idea.. I'm usually under since I just don't have the time or the appetite to eat when I exercise. Yesterday I was over though... It was a "hungry" day :D
    So far today.... still under, but that might change at any minute LOL the day is not over yet ;)
  • supervixen
    Options
    When you exercise, do you try to eat the extra exercise calories or do you stay to the recommended daily calorie intake? I have been exercising but am worried about eating the extra calories....I want to lose weight, not stay the same or gain weight by eating the recommended 2200 calories...even though I burned 500-700 calories that day.
  • Ahmed20OD
    Options
    I also agree!!
    when you share with others what you are doing you want to show your best!!
    so this is really a good way to be motivated to do better and better each day..never fall behind!!
    The community, friends, environment around you have bog influence on us, wether we like it, notice it or not.
    So being within a community who CARES have great positive influence on you.
    I hope we all succeed to accomplish our healthy smart goals!! :)
  • thedeepblue
    Options
    Great idea. I am under by 177 today. This is unusual though. I have a cold and so I didn't eat much breakfast or lunch. I had a huge dinner.
  • kaymd
    Options
    Good question! I have actually wondered the same thing. I'm going to to try to stay under :-)
  • heeney12
    Options
    Today was a little better but still over. Today I was over by 104 calories. My downfall was that I had way too many snacks. Hoping for an under day tomorrow.
  • heeney12
    Options
    Today was another over day. Today I was over by 119. My downfall was that instead of eating a real meal for dinner I ate little snacks here and there and those calories add up fast.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I was under by 6 but didn't like it so I did a quick 10 min workout so now I am under by 64 :)
    I tend to be under but don't freak if I am over.
  • heeney12
    Options
    so a day late on posting but yesterday I was over by 248 and all of that was because I had three beers with my husband.
  • kaymd
    Options
    I have been under everyday since starting this except for one day (the first day) Putting it into numbers the first day made me realize I was really eating a lot of calories and I think that has been what has been stopping me from losing weight.
  • heeney12
    Options
    hooray for me I was under today by 379 calories!!!!!!!!
  • heeney12
    Options
    I was under today by 7.
  • heeney12
    Options
    today I was under by 22 calories.
  • rachelblank427
    rachelblank427 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Today I was over 22 calories.