Numbers dont make sense.

Options
Hey guys,

Small problem I'm having trouble understanding.

According to Scooby calculator my BMR is 1951, my TDEE is 2683, I work in retail 5 days, (so walking for 7 hours+), days off I'm sitting down most of the day.

I Put MFP at lightly active. I put Scooby at 1-3hrs. I go the gym for about an hour, 2 - 4 times a week, depending on schedule. 30mins cardio (bike, crosstrainer, rower), 30mins weights. (Diff body part each time)

Im 25, male, 88kgs, 170cm.

Its giving me a calorie target of 1360, yet your not supposed to eat under your BMR? Oh and MFP is set to Lose 1kg a week.

Replies

• benlogan87
    benlogan87 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • evgenythe2nd
    evgenythe2nd Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    eat 2-2.5k per day and continue doing everything else the same.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Run your numbers through Scooby again, but this time switch it to either 5-6 or 7-21. This is because of your job. Figure out how much you want to lose each week and come up with a daily calorie target with desired deficit. Jiggle MFP's settings to spit up that figure - if you have to call your activity level 'active' to make that happen, do it.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    You've already calculated your TDEE as 2683. Take 20% off that and you get 2146. Change your MFP goal manually using the custom goals setting to 2146 and eat that every day. Don't eat back exercise cals. If you log exercise on MFP change the cal burn to '1' so it doesn't change your calorie goal for the day.

However as another poster said, you may wish to recalculate again using a higher activity level. Once you have the TDEE just deduct 20% to lose weight and eat that.
  • benlogan87
    Options
    Thanks for replies. Lets say I set my calories to 2000, 50 above my BMR, log my exercise calories like normal, and just eat those back? Is that the jist of it?

In the custom settings part, for those that use it, do you set custom carbs/protein etc, or ignore that and just do the calories one?
  • benlogan87
    Options
    Solved it myself - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1079368-had-my-rmr-tested-best-au-129-i-ve-ever-spent

Can close thread if that happens on these forums.
  • crandos
    crandos Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Scooby is better.