Social networking butterfly - just a little chubby

Options
Hi everyone!

I kinda feel alone in my quest for weight loss stardom, so anyone with anything inspirational, tips, tricks or just to say hi - please do so!

Replies

• leanmass24
    leanmass24 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!
  • cobyh
    cobyh Posts: 15
    Options
    Woohoo! My first friend. Thanks :)
  • clbiggins83
    clbiggins83 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi,

My name is Charity and I have about 97 lbs to lose. I am journeying on the weight loss/lifestyle and I would like to welcome you to a healthier lifestyle.
  • turbojanem
    Options
    welcome to MFP! team work and the accountability is awesome!
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    welcome to our Aussie MFPer (whoa that sound a littel off) Good luck and I hope ypu enjoy the MFP.
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Everyone here is really supportive and I think even though we dont actually know these people, they help us get through everything. Whenever I start to live a healthier lifestyle, I give up because my goal just seems unattainable. But joining this group of people gives me motivation. I lost quite a bit of weight before counting calories and exercising on a daily basis, but now I actually feel healthy, and im actually seeing the changes.

Good luck! :]
  • ashley_h10
    ashley_h10 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    im ashley and i have about 11 more pounds to lose...feel free to add me :)
  • groovybeenz
    groovybeenz Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Good luck on your journey. I'm pretty new here myself. There's tons of support here. MFP is awesome. Have a great day!
  • heatypablo
    Options
    Welcome! :) This site is grrrrreat to keep you motivated and accountable.

I think the best inspiration for me is to browse through the Success Stories posts; some of the transformations are beyond amazing.

Good luck, you'll do awesome!
  • cobyh
    Options
    I'm happy to be an Aussie MFPer - even if it does sound dodgy! Thanks for the welcome :)
  • MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    Options
    Hi there :smile:

I know what you mean about feeling lonely. My social group at the moment is mostly lean, fit people :ohwell: While I do have the support of my boyfriend (who is also trying to lose weight) he works away a lot so it's generally down to me to keep myself on track.

A couple of tips for you:

1) Log EVERYTHING. At least at the beginning. Then you know you aren't cheating or sabotaging yourself. I was surprised at how much I was overeating when I started logging and found the first week a bit hard, but it got easier after that.

2) In regards to exercising: find something you enjoy doing. That will make it much easier to stick at it :wink: I love rock climbing so I go to an indoor climbing gym at least once a week with a friend. With summer approaching I'm hoping to get some outdoor climbing in too.:bigsmile:

Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • cobyh
    Options
    Thanks Charity! I'm looking forward to it :)
  • phatzzzs
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP family. Remember any change takes time, be honest with your self, even if it is not pretty! Support others and you will gain support.
  • sunshine4me
    sunshine4me Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Glad your here! I know the alone feeling!! I always thought I should be responsible enough to do this weight loss thing on my own without help! I assumed it was just my problem and I had no right burdening other people with it! Especially if I didn't get anywhere!!! This site has helped lift the burden from my shoulders and given me the support I need to make smarter decisions. I don't always do the right thing yet but .... overall my habits are better!!! I'll be here if you need someone to rant too!!!
    Marylee Hit the friend request and join the laughter!
  • leanmass24
    leanmass24 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I have been hee for about 2 months... there is a lot of useful information on the message boards.... the people are friendly and will help you if you ask.... I hope that you stick around and lose all the weight that you want. Have a wonderful day!