Options
2»

Replies

• JellyBeanQueen86
    Options
    I didn't read all the posts.

but just wanted to add my 2cents in.

$125 for one person a week is crazy!

I am spending that a week (possibly less) for two people. thats all my work lunches and snacks and dinners that normally end up with leftovers.

so personally i think that is a bit of a rip if you ask me.

I'm budgetting atm to save for a holiday... and have $400 put aside for food a month (for me and my partner).
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I spend about $50 a week on groceries for 2 people, and that's more than adequate. My area (Texas) has a very low cost of living. $1.89 gallon of milk and $2.29 bag of store brand Cheerios will get my daughter 2-3 weeks worth of breakfast.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    $138 for 1200 calories. That's rather expensive for a breakfast only meal program. And what about lunch and dinner? Does that cost extra?
  • emmoon
    emmoon Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I did lite n easy before I had kids, and found it to be pretty good. It is a bit expensive, but I realized I was spending a lot of money on coffees and take away lunches while I was at work. I liked it, and as long as you aren't going into debt, it is a good programme, but you do need to learn to prepare yourself meals in the long run! good luck.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    For $138 and a little bit of my spare time I can eat 1800+ calories per day. Seems like a rip off...

Also, you know what TDEE is OP? Worth reading about and calculating your own.
  • Symonep
    Symonep Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    **sigh** Americans just don't understand LOL

I'm Aussie and I spend about $350-400 a week on food for my family, if I was single and busy I would probably think about Lite N' Easy for busy times
  • Alpina483
    Alpina483 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I don't care about the price, having all your food cooked and ready for you might be worth it, it's up to the person and their situation, I'm a bit concerned about the 1200 limit.
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options

I understand everyones point, but i think everyones failing to understand that I clearly don't care about the cost. Considering i spend the same amount anyway buying junk food and crap. Im also only 21 years old, It's not like i am buying for a family. just myself haha. I was hoping for comments more relating to the actual food plan not the cost of it.

I think its turning into a bragging thing, people are happily putting in their 2c about how frightfully wasteful we are with our grocery bills, haha.

I've already said further up the thread but I'm not a huge fan of lite n easy. I don't like special 'diet' food, and thats pretty much all this is. If you can, imo you should do your own dinners. Cook up fresh veg with meat & only order in the breakfast & lunch parts. That way you're getting real food with nutrients instead of a huge pile of frozen peas and some gelatinous lump called a 'steak'.
  • gowrirao81
    gowrirao81 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Eating prepped food (unless you are going to do it for life) doesn't teach one how to portion themselves when they want to eat something other than prepped meals.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

^^^ This. Doesn't teach you any skills for life. Weaning off from a program like that and keeping the lost weight off is much harder than learning to cook and calorie-control on your own. Also heaps tastier!
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options

I understand everyones point, but i think everyones failing to understand that I clearly don't care about the cost. Considering i spend the same amount anyway buying junk food and crap. Im also only 21 years old, It's not like i am buying for a family. just myself haha. I was hoping for comments more relating to the actual food plan not the cost of it.

I think its turning into a bragging thing, people are happily putting in their 2c about how frightfully wasteful we are with our grocery bills, haha.

I've already said further up the thread but I'm not a huge fan of lite n easy. I don't like special 'diet' food, and thats pretty much all this is. If you can, imo you should do your own dinners. Cook up fresh veg with meat & only order in the breakfast & lunch parts. That way you're getting real food with nutrients instead of a huge pile of frozen peas and some gelatinous lump called a 'steak'.

lulz at it being a "bragging thing"

People are just suggesting that you can spend less money (who the heck at 21 years old doesn't have to worry about expenses, btw?) and also learn valuable life skills like cooking if you just get your own food.
  • scubaemma
    scubaemma Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I buy Lite N Easy but just the dinners (not the whole day of food thing). As a shift worker (Detective) it means I always have a healthy option when I'm working in the evenings - a lot of my workmates get takeaway on an evening shift. I just heat up one of my dinners.

I am really impressed with the food! It tastes great! Lots of choice (I don't get bored, and I've been doing it for about 6 months) and nice and healthy (some more than others).

I sometimes have the dinners at home as well because for me (and my husband) cooking is just another chore to do, like cleaning the bathroom! I don't enjoy it. But I'm happy to get myself a healthy and nutritious breakfast, healthy snacks and lunch. So I've still learnt how to feed myself and make good choices (and it's working, I've lost 12kg, got about 4kg to go).

Cost wise I don't find it unreasonable at all! And I'm not doing it for cost, I'm doing it because getting these dinners suits my lifestyle and is a healthy choice.

I'm in Brisbane by the way.
  • pwcarswell
    pwcarswell Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm an American (Texas) currently living in Perth eating Lite N Easy. Americans really don't understand the cost of things unless they have actually lived here. Food can be quite expensive. I think Lite N Easy is reasonably priced. I decided to try Lite N Easy about 5 months ago after a friend recommended it to me. I love it. I only do the 5 day breakfast and lunches. I cook healthy meals every night and on the weekends. My husband and I moved to Perth without family. Since he is at work everyday I wanted some meal options for just me during the weekdays. These meals are very tasty and the portion sizes are great.

I have lost weight while eating Lite N Easy as just part of my diet of eating healthy. I doubt it will warp my sense of choosing healthy foods and portions in the future. The reason I say this is because it is a small part of my diet. I cook every night and on weekends. It has helped me get a better understanding of portion sizes that I carry over to my dinner time eating. I also bought a food scale to do a better job of measuring the food I cook for myself. Actually I don't cook every night. We go out to eat once every weekend with friends. And for you Americans reading this, it is not unusual for us to spend over $100 on dinner and drinks with friends on our one night we go out to eat. I miss going out to eat some good Mexican food with a margarita and never spending more than $30 for the two of us.
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I'm an American (Texas) currently living in Perth eating Lite N Easy. Americans really don't understand the cost of things unless they have actually lived here. Food can be quite expensive. I think Lite N Easy is reasonably priced. I decided to try Lite N Easy about 5 months ago after a friend recommended it to me. I love it. I only do the 5 day breakfast and lunches. I cook healthy meals every night and on the weekends. My husband and I moved to Perth without family. Since he is at work everyday I wanted some meal options for just me during the weekdays. These meals are very tasty and the portion sizes are great.

I have lost weight while eating Lite N Easy as just part of my diet of eating healthy. I doubt it will warp my sense of choosing healthy foods and portions in the future. The reason I say this is because it is a small part of my diet. I cook every night and on weekends. It has helped me get a better understanding of portion sizes that I carry over to my dinner time eating. I also bought a food scale to do a better job of measuring the food I cook for myself. Actually I don't cook every night. We go out to eat once every weekend with friends. And for you Americans reading this, it is not unusual for us to spend over $100 on dinner and drinks with friends on our one night we go out to eat. I miss going out to eat some good Mexican food with a margarita and never spending more than $30 for the two of us.

Off thread but have you tried that place in Freo, just off the cappuccino strip? I can't remember the name. It won't be as good as the Mexican you would get in Texas but I reckon it would compare favourably against Chipotle and those kind of places.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I could spend up to $80 - $100 a week on groceries for myself EXCLUDING any takeaways I get.... I live in Queensland Australia. The grocery prices here are insane...
  • KrisHenretty
    Options
    I have just put my first order in with Lite n Easy. I have wanted to try for a while and in the last 6 weeks I have gone of the Richter with my eating and not exercising.

I am at the stage in life where this will be very handy as I am single and work hard. Will update when food arrives on Wednesday.

Thank you for your topic. Very helpful