My first Protein Shake ever...

Options
Monda
Monda Posts: 271 Member
I shared this with my friends and just wanted to share this experience with you.

Today was another great day! I have felt good the entire day. I tried my first Protein Shake today. I was a little nervous about it at first. I tried to make it into a smoothie and the blender almost exploded. It was hilarious. I just could not quit laughing and almost peed on myself. Think I burned a few extra calories from that alone. LOL It tasted pretty good though. Especially for a beginner. Do any of you like protein shakes? If not, try them. You might surprise yourself and enjoy them. I put 2 teaspoons of instant coffee in it and boy was that a mistake. It was very strong, so it took me a little while to drink it. LOL Overall, it was a pretty funny experience. Hey, maybe that is why I felt good all day. The caffiene must of had me bouncing off the walls. LOL Night MFP!

Replies

• BrendaKayS
    Options
    Oh I just love protein shakes and smoothies. Especially when I'm in a hurry or in the a.m. when I just don't have my appetite yet but need to eat something before I work out. Lately I'm loving these ones called "chocolite protein". I found a canister on clearance once and loved it and then I had to search the city to find it again, only one store here carries it lol. Then over the summer I read Jackie Warner's book and she has a shake where she puts in frozen fruit, spinach and her supplements. I was pretty sure spinach in a chocolate shake would be disgusting but I got brave and tried it - and you can't even taste the spinach!! Then again, I don't put much in so the fruit wins out :)

Good luck blending up your shakes :)
  • HIzara
    HIzara Posts: 187
    Options
    That's great. Although I just mix mine w/ water, so that I don't add on extra calories. But hey, whatever works for you!
  • angiedelia
    angiedelia Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love shakes! So many recipes! Just remember to make sure there is not much sugar in the shake!
  • turbojanem
    Options
    i love my Shakeology shakes/smoothies. good with just water and ice, or as a meal replacement with almond milk and frozen fruit. i also like it first think in the morning when i have to get out the door quickly...coffee, pumpkin puree, almond milk, and one scoop. LOTS of protein and 70 different ingredients. one scoop is only 140 calories. well worth it for all the goodness!
  • ksavvy
    Options
    I prefer whey chocolate protein powder by EAS. It blends really easily with water. If I'm replacing a meal, or need something a little more substantial, I will add half a banana and/or a tablespoon of peanut butter. While water alone works great, 4 oz. of water and 4 oz of skim milk, whipped into a frenzy with my handblender, has a great consistency. And I always add a little espresso powder, too, just for fun :-)