Help! Not loosing weight thought exercise and diet

Options
I am 2 weeks into a 6 week training and diet. I cycle 36 km 5 days a week and I do 5 TRX/crossfit classes per week and I try and eat 1200-1500 kcal per day. I am NOT loosing weight????? Cant understand why and I am getting very demotivated! I need to loose 15 lbs.
Any advise appreciated!

Replies

• SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I noticed that with increased exercise (Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred) I dont see any changes on the scale.. me thinks its the muscles that are being built... 2 weeks in is also still early.. Have you tried measuring yourself?
  • majlinehan
    majlinehan Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    yeah tahst what I am hoping! I am meeting my PT this evening and he will measure inches and do Bodyfat...... here is to hoping but its just so not motivating!
  • kerrygailis
    kerrygailis Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, I having been doing this for over 30 days and in the first 2 weeks lost 7lbs and since then have only lost 2lbs, my clothes are slightly looser and when I measured I have lost about an inch, but being the very impatient person I am it's not fast enough. Especially when I had a goal in mind for a party i am going to in a week and a half. I don't cheat either. I have however just stuck with it, I would rather just keep the energy levels I have and the motivation to work out than to give up like I used to in the past. Stick with it. Getting fitter and healthier is the most important. ;-)
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Without more info, like your height, weight, and open diary it's hard to say but... If you only have 15 pounds to lose, don't expect it to come off fast. It's pretty typical for someone close to an already healthy weight to lose only .5 lb a week, or less.
    Also, it's only been 2 weeks. That's really not a lot of time at all, no matter how hard you are working.
    I suspect you could also probably eat more, but again, without your stats it's hard to say for sure.
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Stop exercising like a maniac, lose weight first and later shape your body, thats all
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Lets break this down. You are extreme active, you have a new born child and you don't eat a lot of calories. Pretty much, if you are measuring and weighing foods, I suspect you are under eating. Do you breast feed? If so, that requires more calories too.

More than likely, you should be doubling what you eat now. Because 22miles + more exercise is a ton of calories burnt.

Also, what is your height and weight and can you open your diary?
  • majlinehan
    Options
    How do I open my diary? Thought it already was?
    I am not breast feeding anymore...
  • majlinehan
    Options
    Think its open now?
  • majlinehan
    Options
    diary open :)
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Log your food daily and log everything.
    Use a digital food scale to monitor portions.

Read this:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think

Do that for two weeks and see what happens.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Seems you're not eating anywhere enough for the amount of exercise you do.
  • majlinehan
    Options
    I would be afraid to eat more eps as I want to tone and loose...... but yet I undersstand what you are saying about not eating enought! Like before I would eat crap and junk and much bigger portions and still be the same weight and thats why I simply cant understand why I am not loosing any weight as I am now eating MUCH healtier, Much LESS and doing loads and loads of exercise!

Could I not end up putting on more weight instead by eating more?

I know a lot of people actually eat more due to not weighing properly and not estimating the calories comsumed correctly but I am VERY good at that so I know thats not the problem for me.

Maybe I just have a weird sleep disorder and go out and eat stones at night :)
  • bob_day
    bob_day Posts: 87
    Options
    1) Eat mostly to get the nutrition your body needs, and less for enjoyment. Establish a healthful diet and learn to enjoy healthful foods.

2) Three meals a day: breakfast, lunch, and dinner. That's it. No snacks, and no "in between" meals.

3) Give up sugar. No sugar in coffee, soda, or on cereal. Give up fruit juice -- it's mainly just another form of sugar. Water is the only liquid you need.

4) In the beginning, establish a very regulated moderate calorie diet. Don't follow any sort of fad. Just pick a selection of foods that add up to a normal balanced diet -- whole grains, veggies, fruit, dairy, a little meat, etc. But start out by having exactly the same three meals each day -- the same foods and the same amounts. Weigh the portions on a scale. Consider frozen dinners. Healthy Choice, Lean Cuisine, Kashi, Smart Ones, and probably other brands have several that are low in calories and saturated fat, 25% daily value or less of sodium, and high in fiber.

5) Weigh yourself every day on a 0.2 lb. accuracy scale. Your weight will fluctuate, but with a constant diet it should trend down over every two or three days. If it doesn't, eliminate items from your diet or reduce the size of portions until your weight does go down. (If you don't have a 0.2 lb. accuracy scale, I'd recommend the EatSmart Precision Plus Digital Scale, which is sold on Amazon.) Don't obsess over the scale — let it be your friend and point the way to a weight losing diet.

6) When you have achieved a weight losing diet, then you can start making adjustments to add variety, but make sure that you keep losing weight.

7) Maintain your exercise program.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of people actually eat more due to not weighing properly and not estimating the calories comsumed correctly but I am VERY good at that so I know thats not the problem for me.

Dates you logged in August:

7-Aug-13
    8-Aug-13
    12-Aug-13
    13-Aug-13
    14-Aug-13
    15-Aug-13
    19-Aug-13
    20-Aug-13

Dates you didn't log:

9th
    10th
    11th
    16th
    17th
    18th

This is your first problem. Please re-read my original post.
  • vanDzl
    vanDzl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Three meals a day is not good advice, fyi ...
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Sidesteel is right. If you do not log daily and accurately, how do you know what you are actually eating. it's very easy to under estimate calories. Also, if your goal is being lean and toned, then you need to eat enough calories to maintain lean body mass. When you under eating and you are lean already, then you will increase the chances of muscle loss. Keep in mind that muscle has high caloric requirements so when you under feed, your will drop some muscle and use the calories for other functions.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    1) Eat mostly to get the nutrition your body needs, and less for enjoyment. Establish a healthful diet and learn to enjoy healthful foods.

2) Three meals a day: breakfast, lunch, and dinner. That's it. No snacks, and no "in between" meals.

3) Give up sugar. No sugar in coffee, soda, or on cereal. Give up fruit juice -- it's mainly just another form of sugar. Water is the only liquid you need.

4) In the beginning, establish a very regulated moderate calorie diet. Don't follow any sort of fad. Just pick a selection of foods that add up to a normal balanced diet -- whole grains, veggies, fruit, dairy, a little meat, etc. But start out by having exactly the same three meals each day -- the same foods and the same amounts. Weigh the portions on a scale. Consider frozen dinners. Healthy Choice, Lean Cuisine, Kashi, Smart Ones, and probably other brands have several that are low in calories and saturated fat, 25% daily value or less of sodium, and high in fiber.

5) Weigh yourself every day on a 0.2 lb. accuracy scale. Your weight will fluctuate, but with a constant diet it should trend down over every two or three days. If it doesn't, eliminate items from your diet or reduce the size of portions until your weight does go down. (If you don't have a 0.2 lb. accuracy scale, I'd recommend the EatSmart Precision Plus Digital Scale, which is sold on Amazon.) Don't obsess over the scale — let it be your friend and point the way to a weight losing diet.

6) When you have achieved a weight losing diet, then you can start making adjustments to add variety, but make sure that you keep losing weight.

1. Not a requirement for weight loss (see my diary)
    2. Meal timing and frequency have NO impact on weight loss
    3. Sugar does not prevent weight loss (see my diary) unless you have a medical condition such as diabetes and even then its more carbs than sugar itself
    4. Again with that 3 meals a day crap

The others are fine
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I noticed that with increased exercise (Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred) I dont see any changes on the scale.. me thinks its the muscles that are being built... 2 weeks in is also still early.. Have you tried measuring yourself?

Um, no.

Increased exercise causes muscles to retain water for repair. This can/will cause the scale to stall or increase. Gaining measureable muscle mass is EXTREMELY difficult. There might be some noob gains there, but not that much.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options

:noway:

I don't think I've ever seen as many wrong in one single post, pretty strong there my friend