I updated & add the walking options for treadmill users

Options
I want to thank all who responded to me yesterday trying to figure out other options for walking. Today Im off & since it's raining. I got on the treadmill this morning testing most speeds & inclines. I figured out how to add to cardio for more options of walking. I love to go outside & walk but on rainy days & winter coming in months, I need the treadmill. I spent time on most speeds & added them to the site. I love doing the inclines, you will feel your butt & stomach melt. I have a routine & switch off between regular walking then switch to incline..Its a good workout.

Hope this helps for all treadmill users.

Lynda

Replies

• suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I agree.

I keep hearing about how walking for a couple minutes fast, then slow down, then incline a lot, then a little etc. etc. is suppose to be great.
    I'm trying it.
    I got a work out like that from a magazine and I cut it out and taped it on my treadmill and I've been following it for a week now. Hopefully this will blow the 'plateau' I'm on apart!
    I have not gained or lost any weight in 2 months now. wth?

If you want a copy of the work out let me know and I'll put in on here.
    Good luck to you.
  • maddentm
    Options
    Hi Suzieblues I would love to get a copy of that workout, I'm a treadmill user and I intensify my workout with intervals I walk, run, speed walk, and do inclines usually 5.5 incline. I just go back and forth between all of these to get a good workout..

Thanks Toni
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    0 - 2 -- 2.5 - 0
    2 - 4 -- 2.8 - 2
    4 - 5 -- 3.0 - 4
    5 - 7 -- 3.2 - 4
    7 - 8 -- 3.5 - 8
    8 - 10 -- 1.2 - 10
    10 - 12 -- 3.5 - 10
    12 - 13 -- 4.0 - 5
    13 -15 -- 3.2 - 2
    15 - 17 -- 1.2 - 10
    17 -18 -- 1.2 - 2
    18 -20 -- 1.2 - 2
    20 - 21 -- 3.5 - 4
    21 - 23 -- 1.2 - 10
    23 - 25 -- 3.2 - 4
    25 -26 -- 3.5 - 10
    26 - 28 -- 3.0 - 6
    28 - 30 -- 2.5 - 2

Okay, here's how the numbers work:
    The first number is the minutes where you start, for example you see the first number is 0 then - 2. That means from 0 minute to 2 minutes; then the number after the 2 is the speed of your treadmill and the next number is the incline number.

SO the first row of numbers would mean: Start at 0, go 2 minutes, at 2.5 speed on a 0 incline.
    The next row would mean: From the second minute to the forth minute, the speed is 2.8 and the incline is set on 2.
    The next row would mean: From the forth minute to the fifth minute going 3.0 speed, and the incline at 4.

I know this is kind of a complicated way to do it so if you have any questions please let me know and I will try to make it clearer.
    The whole thing will go for 30 minutes. (kicks my butt!)

I would suggest that you write it all down on a small piece of paper and put it near your treadmill so you can follow it. The magazine also had a plan if you did not have a treadmill; it was kind of the same thing only walking in place and squats etc.

Good luck to you
  • chichi1967
    Options
    Thanks...Im going to try this:smile:
  • kristink1113
    Options
    How does everyone log this treadmill workout?
  • maddentm
    Options
    Thanks for the info

Tone
  • mpos
    mpos Posts: 55
    Options
    BUMP! thanks.
  • fatpoppy
    fatpoppy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Logging in my treadmill walking, I just put it against "walking" and the number e.g. 4.0 brisk pace. I have discovered however that my treadmill tells me I used up less calories than the Walking does on the exercise listing here.

Any ideas please.