I just want to vent

Options
OMG

I freaking gained a pound in a half WTF!
I don't even know where the heck this came from last night i stepped on the scale around 10ish and was a little heavier then I should have been and was thinking ok its because i ate a late dinner as i did not get to eat til almost 8 but even then i was thinking it was a little higher then normal

and i wake up this morning and i had gained 1.6 lbs from yesterday its like WTF
Yesterday I only went over my calories by 35 calories that is so its definantly not a big deal considering i did my c25k program last night which i burned roughly 150ish calories according to mfp so for that little of a burn i should have not had to eat extra

seriously i am ticked off about this right now i mean i know it will go away but u know if i have a cheat day or if i go OVER my calories i can understand gaining weight and i will accept it but to actually have a normal day and freaking gain that much weight ticks me the freak off

RANT OVER

Replies

• WendySPWarren
    WendySPWarren Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Don't fret about it deary, it's probably absolutely nothing to worry about. You'll weigh yourself in a few days time and wonder where it disappeared to.
    As far as I know, it is impossible for you to have gained that much weight in fat overnight when you didn't even eat between the two weigh-ins. Your scale is probably just stuffing up.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuations are fairly normal so I would try not weighing yourself everyday. I don't even weigh myself every week. Focus more on how you feel, measurements, and how clothes are fitting.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a total over-reaction, are you a daily weigher by any chance ? If yes then why, you're going to have fluctuations which usually level themselves out during the week, if you continue to weigh daily then just know that there will be days that you gain.

Could be water weight, could be muscle gain. Just get back to your routine and I'm sure it'll all work out fine.
  • LJH0604
    LJH0604 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Focus on the weight you lost... 56 lbs.. that is a big deal.... also, like the others said, only weight yourself once a week. Good luck :)
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Could be any number of things. I can't see your diary so these are all just shots in the dark. Did you eat a lot of sodium over the past few days? Time of the month? Muscles retaining water from lots of exercise?

I'm putting my money on water weight, so drink a ton of water today ... aim for at least 8 - 10 glasses. Keep an eye on the sodium. Do this for a couple days and see if some of the weight disappears. If it's your TOM, give it about a week, week and 1/2
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    It's probably water retention. Don't worry about it. I have weeks where I swing back and forth 5 pounds.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    It's probably water retention. Don't worry about it. I have weeks where I swing back and forth 5 pounds.

This.
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    OMG

I don't even know where the heck this came from last night i stepped on the scale around 10ish and was a little heavier then I should have been and was thinking ok its because i ate a late dinner as i did not get to eat til almost 8 but even then i was thinking it was a little higher then normal

Yesterday I only went over my calories by 35 calories that is so its definantly not a big deal considering i did my c25k program last night which i burned roughly 150ish calories according to mfp so for that little of a burn i should have not had to eat extra

seriously i am ticked off about this right now i mean i know it will go away but u know if i have a cheat day or if i go OVER my calories i can understand gaining weight and i will accept it but to actually have a normal day and freaking gain that much weight ticks me the freak off

RANT OVER
    After all this venting/ranting - Did you go to rational thinking at any point? As in, weight shifts constantly, the body sometimes retains water or the scale could be broke?
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    if you weigh yourself daily, you'll notice that there are regular fluctuations. Look at trends in losses or gains, rather than individual numbers.
  • Dannie23187
    Options
    I don't weigh daily for exactly this reason-it fluctuates! One day i can be 2lb lighter then the next 3lb heavier. Ive learned from that mistake. Try not to worry too much. Pick one day a week or even every other and you'll see more from it.
  • MommaSherryB
    MommaSherryB Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and have noticed that my weight can fluctuate 1-5 pounds...so I don't worry about it. It all works itself out.
    Reasons scale can vary:
    menstrual
    salt/water retention
    constipation

I usually weigh 3-5 pounds more while on period but within 1 week it is gone.
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    OMG

RANT OVER

there is absolutely no point in weighing yourself all of the time. Weekly or even monthly is sufficient. Your weight fluctuates from day to day.... so just keep doing what your doing food and exercise wise and .... chill out :drinker:
  • aetzkorn14
    aetzkorn14 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Don't fret about it deary, it's probably absolutely nothing to worry about. You'll weigh yourself in a few days time and wonder where it disappeared to.
    As far as I know, it is impossible for you to have gained that much weight in fat overnight when you didn't even eat between the two weigh-ins. Your scale is probably just stuffing up.

This!!

You have to consume literally 3500 calories over what you use all day to actually gain a whole pound. I was the same way when I started working out. I expected to see immediate results. Just remember, you didn't gain weight over night..so you wont loose it that way. Try to stay positive in a couple weeks you will see the difference and so will those around you.
  • MetamorphicButterfly
    Options
    dont weigh every day and night - it will drive u insane

weigh yourself once a week and stick to it
  • madtownjeremy
    Options

Yup. Agua. :) Focus more on the mirror and measurements and less on that lying, miserable scale.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm a daily weigher just because I like to see the data. I can easily gain 3 lbs in one day if I have a lot of carbs. Then when I go back to normal eating, I can lose a lb a day until I'm back to normal. All completely normal.
  • loriwhitefaith
    loriwhitefaith Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Keep going no matter what.....it's not the number on the scale that matters.....stay determined......don't weigh everyday.

It will bring you way down. Weigh once a week. My weight can vary anywhere between 1 and up to 7-8 pounds on any given day.

This comes from someone who used to weigh about a minimum of 100 times on any given day. Morning, night, and even wake up during the night to weigh. I just went one month without weighing. You can do it. It can be done. You will lose more staying off the scale more. Keep doing what you are doing. You have lost 56 pounds and it is working.

Be happy and get peace. Think about other things that say more than just the number. You are beautiful. Does the scale tell you that? Think about how good your clothes feel and how good you feel now. Think about how much you have already changed. Move forward.
  • b7bbs
    b7bbs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Weight flucuates all the time. Weigh yourself once a week. If you decide to weigh yourself everyday, weigh in generally the same time everytime. Preferrable in the morning after using the bathroom.
  • JenX15
    JenX15 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and have noticed that my weight can fluctuate 1-5 pounds...so I don't worry about it. It all works itself out.
    Reasons scale can vary:
    menstrual
    salt/water retention
    constipation

I usually weigh 3-5 pounds more while on period but within 1 week it is gone.

This ..... totally agree - especially around my period - the week before and the week of I pretty much hate my scale, but the day my period is over I am down again and wonder - really I lost 3 lbs overnight????? Don't sweat it, and like another poster said - look for trends, not individual numbers :) 56lbs is an amazing achievement!
  • 1802go
    1802go Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Do not forget 16 oz. of water weighs 1lb