MFP friends needed!

Options
Hello Everyone!! I have had this app on my phone for at least two months and just in the past week have gotten really serious about this. I am prepared for my weight loss to be slow (but I also want it to be steady). I have been reading all the amazing success stories and I realize everyone attributes their success to support. I am not ready to tell everyone in my life that I am counting calories so all the support I could get from MFP would be great.
When in weighed in a week ago I was at my top weight ever. 164. I would like to lose 34 lbs putting me in the middle of my BMI zone. Anyone with helpful hints to stay motivated please post.

Happy dieting and Healthy living to all!! :)

Replies

• ambercscott87
    ambercscott87 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just started this week and have made a few friends on MFP and seriously that is the key! Show words of support to others and they will return the favor!! I am as well at my highest weight ever, and at only 23 years old it is really scary for me. Feel free to add me if you'd like too! Best of luck!
  • losergirl78
    Options
    I also need to make some friends for support on MFP. I too had this app on my phone but I wasn't using it. My weight loss has not been successful since I started counting calories six weeks ago, so I decided to utilize everything MFP has to offer. I am 32 and was told about 6 weeks ago that I'm in danger of having a stroke, even though I am not losing weight on the scale my blood pressure came down to normal, but now I would like my pant size to come down too and I am going to need support to do it.
  • superdre
    superdre Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to the site. The good thing is, there are plenty of people here doing the same thing you are so we can all offer eachother support to keep working hard. :-) The biggest thing i've found is making wise food choices throughout the day. This site has a database of so many types of foods from different restaurants and from the stores, that it's easy to count your calories. :-)

Also, cardio is really helping me out a lot... 1 hour a day at least 3 to four days a week is pulling the weight off me quickly.
    Again, welcome!
  • BBBjenny
    BBBjenny Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I am also at my highest weight and need a little support as well as some more friends. Lets cheer each other on in this journey together! Feel free to add me as your friend!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Put a sign on the frig. "Nothing taste as good as feeling good about yourself feels"! You can do it ! When you have a craving
    know that if you wait 3 minutes, Like quitting smoking, the craving will pass. Listen to music. Loud! and dance around. do anything
    to keep your mind off of it. If you cant' help it and you eat something, just eat a small amount. somethimes all you need is a taste to satisify the craving. Lots of water! Make love that will take your mind off food (Hopefully). Pop corn. Jolly time has a 100 calorie bag, I make one everyday and leave it on the counter. when I go into the kitchen to get a snack I take a handful and it really helps.
    It's not just a small 100 cal bag it's a full size bag, It's great for digestion too! Good Luck
  • nahhan12
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I've been here for a few months and have lost slow and steady, but have kept it off too! I've found that reminding myself each day is a new chance to eat well rather than stressing about 1 bad day has really helped me. Planning ahead when possible also helps me avoid those nights where I'm plugging in my day and suddenly realize I ate way too much.
    I hope you find the support you're looking for on here!
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Welcome! You will find so much support here. Good luck on your journey xxx