Vitamin Intake

Options
hey, I'm new and was just wondering if there is a good way to track vitamin intake. I am very anemic and I need to track my iron and multi-vitamin intake. I am horrible about remembering to take pills and it would be nice to be able to track them like the water intake. Any suggestions?

Replies

• precioustypeoflove
    Options
    IM NOT SURE BUT I PUT MY BOTTLE NEXT TO MY KEYS IN THE KITCHEN SO I WONT FORGET THEM IN THE MORNING !!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Some people enter them into My Foods and log them everyday - if that would help you! This of course is for Vitamins taken separately - not vitamins in food. There are additional things you can track - some vitamins - in Settings - Diary Settings.
  • mssjones
    Options
    Hi, I put my vitamins by my toothbrush, so that way i will at least see them everytime i go in the bathroom.

Also if you have an alarm/calender on your cell phone you get set up a reminder.

Hope that helps you, Good luck!!!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    this site doesn't detail that type of information. But My pyramid tracker.gov does. It's a little more complicated to use but it is
    great if you want to track more than calories and carbs. Check it out! let me know what you think. Good Luck!
  • tessjordan88
    tessjordan88 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You can go into settings and set iron as one of your tracked nutrients. But you have to pay attention... if it's low, it will still be green. Iron and calcium need to be in the red. Mine is logged as low but I'm not anemic. I do take supplements daily. Just put them with your car keys, or your toothbrush. Something you use every day. That way you will see them and remember to take them.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    There is an option to track Iron just like you track Cals, fat, carbs, etc. I do that. Also, don't forget to get lots of Vitamin C- it helps your body absorb the iron!
  • AUNTKARENDJJB
    Options
    Everyones suggestions are good, i did not know you could add them in with your food, and carb list. But I keep minne right on the desk here by my computer and have a calender hanging next to it, and as I take them that day i just put a chack mark on it so i know if i took them or not.
  • pepperstew
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the suggestions!
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    In the food database you can find many of the more common daily vitamins. It won't help calculate total intake, but it would certainly help you keep track of what you're taking each day, if you're like me and forget what you've taken so far. My Jamieson and Centrum are both in the database.
  • noble1987
    Options
    Hey there, why not check out my food diary!

I renamed 1 catagory at the bottom of my food diary "Vitamins & Minerals" and I logg them every day! Not because they have calories of course but as a reminder to myself to take them - and it has really worked, I havent gone a day without them in ages!!:smile:

Hope that helps

Claire xXx