Looking for shorties like me!

Options
I am 39, 5'1 1/2 and currently at 129. A couple of years ago I lost almost 15 pounds on Weight Watchers but vacations and excuses got in the way. I am consistent with my exercise (thank god) but not so much with my food so here I am. My biggest struggles are the weekends when my hubby likes to eat out. It's hard doing the right think and picking the healthy foods and honestly, sometimes they aren't an option but I try. I'm looking for peopole in my same category that are struggling or who have succeeded so we can learn from each other. During the week I try to stick to about an 85% clean diet.

Replies

• ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    You're similar to me, except I'm a bit heavier. *gasp* My husband is stick thin so I have a hard time on the weekend when we're together and I'm not working. I'll add you!
  • llbennett74
    llbennett74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Ya, my husband can drop 5 pounds in the blink of an eye. It's so annoying, isn't it? LOL!
  • janzia
    janzia Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Similar here too but I do weight a bit more but I am 40 and 5'1. My husband is 6'6 so you con only imagine the amount of food he can put away and what drives me really crazy is he can decide to just cut out snacking an lose like 20 lbs in a month or less. No exaggeration! He's really fit though.
  • Hollie_Spencer
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, I am 5' 1" tall and have 15 lbs to lose. My husband has always worked out of town, two weeks away and then one week home, when he works like this I find it fairly easy to keep my diet healthy. About a month ago my husband started working in town and I am struggling because he loves to snack and is generally a picky eater and my dinner options have become considerably more limited. I have made myself low calorie versions of our dinner meals to counter balance my new restrictions but I tend to get lazy with my exercise. I am committed to losing the weight and keeping it off, I find that being a little person is an added challenge for weight management because often portion sizes are not appropriate for my size and every pound lost or gained is often like 5 gained or lost for the average sized person.
  • lovelyloola
    lovelyloola Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 yrs old and at 5'2 and weigh 133 lbs right now. It's only my husband and I at home, so we eat out a lot. It's hard, so I just save most of my calories for dinner and then find the best that I can to eat. Normally I can talk him into places where it's a little easier to get a decent salad or something grilled with vegetables.
  • llbennett74
    llbennett74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Because of my workout schedule, I cook for my husband in the morning so he can heat it up and then make myself something different when I get home unless whatever I made him is so tempting I can't resist. LOL! He gets off of work at 3:30 and by the time I finish working out and get home, it's around 7.
  • lightribbon
    Options
    I'm short too. :smile: I'm 5'2" and 177lbs so I'm really in need to lose the weight! My Mom is helping me lose weight and she's 5'0" and about 120lbs. I'm so jealous of her. :tongue: