ChaLEAN Extreme Day 90 Results (19 lbs lost, with pics)

Options
If somebody had asked me this January if I would ever post photos of myself showing my belly online, I think I would have laughed and cried at the same time. I was FAT, my belly was big, I had a couple of chins, no visible waist, my skin was shiny due to my sweating all the time... No way I was going to publicly show that.

I knew I had to do something, but I guess in my mind I just "was" like that, like some part of my personality. But then, on February 2013 I found an offer to get a special discount rate at a local gym, and I decided to join. I went there once or twice per week, pedaled on the bike while reading a book, did 15 min on the elliptical, kept eating like a pig, and wondered why I wasn't losing any weight.

Then, on march I found MFP, started tracking what I eat and, like most of us here, started stalking the forums. Every day I would look at the Success Stories forum and look at all those people that made it, that had had wonderful transformations. I read what they were saying, and it kind of made sense. And a lot of them were talking about weight lifting.

So, on April, I went to a sports store, bought some weights, and started ChaLEAN Extreme. By the end of the 1st week I had to go back to the store to get heavier weights. And by the end of the 1st month, I had to go back again! The 1st week I did 1 push-up on my knees. Now I can do 3 on my toes, and several dozen on my knees. I discovered that my body could do amazing things, if I was willing to push it.

Being a vegetarian, I also realized I wasn't getting enough protein, so I started watching my macros, and boy, did it make a difference! I still have days when I eat way over my cals, days when I only eat pasta and cheese, and 2 or 3 times per month I have a couple of beers when I go out. Still, I usually cook everything at home from scratch and I don't have a sweet tooth, so I don't feel gilty at all when I "cheat".

Half the days, specially at the beginning, I didn't want to do the workouts, but I did them nevertheless. I wrote down my weight and repetitions for every exercise, and tried to go heavier and have a better posture every time. I kept going to the gym on cardio days to get some variety, and added some HIIT training. And this last month, I started doing the C25K training on cardio days.

I still have some weight to lose, and I think I will do a second round of ChaLEAN Extreme, but I am already very happy, and wanted to share my story, because I couldn't have done it without your advice, your success stories, and your words of encouragement. MFP has really changed my life!

TL;DR: I eat reasonable portions of many different foods - nothing is forbidden in my diet, I just don't eat a whole cake everyday. :-) I workout 6 days a week for 30-45 min at high intensity. I do weight lifting like there is no tomorrow, and I love it. So there go the photos!

ComparisonCLXfront_zps4f16009f.jpg

ComparisonCLXback_zpsd0a8991e.jpg

04c4102b-7c67-4d3c-bbca-7010a3b33c19_zps8881c548.jpg

Replies

• RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Great results....makes me want to dust off my Chalean Extreme!!! Congrats on sticking with it............you decided, committed and succeeded!!!
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Amazing results!! fantastic job!!
  • Saraisdifferent
    Options
    Thanks a lot!

I think I figured out how to resize them...

ComparisonCLXfrontv2_zps8f70ef75.jpg

ComparisonCLXbackv2_zps62d3e325.jpg
  • fitnfancy80
    fitnfancy80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    way to go!!!!
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Great results! I just started the Lean phase of CLX. I love this program, and am so happy to see your awesomeresults! I think I might do a second round myself.

Congratulations on all that hard work paying off! You look terrific! :flowerforyou:
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Excellent work! You look great!
  • kdmervin
    kdmervin Posts: 42
    Options
    Keep up the good work. You are going a great job! Way to go!!!
  • Sassybmom
    Sassybmom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    WOW! You seriously rocked it! Way to go you look fantastic!
  • mimi337
    mimi337 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am YOU when you started. Thank you for this inspiration. I keep hitting it and having faith that there will be a pay off. And yes, for me weights is the way to go. Congrats!!!
  • Alana150
    Alana150 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Congrats on your success :flowerforyou: We have weights and I keep saying I will start using them but have not. Thank you for sharing your story and for the inspiration!
  • vale_m624
    vale_m624 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    - You look great! Congrats!!
  • Lwillis1234
    Lwillis1234 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    Awesome results!! I was getting kind of down because I haven't seen any results yet, and im on week 3 of burn phase.. lol! I know it takes time, but i'm still doing the works out! i'm excited to do the push phase which it next! This post just encouraged me more!! YEAH! ChaLEAN Extreme baby! :)
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS!
  • Saraisdifferent
    Options
    Thanks a lot for your kind words! To those who hesitate, don't, start lifting those weights. At first I had to kind of force myself to do the workouts, but know I actually look forward to them. :-)

@Lwillis1234: Stick to it!!! I didn't see any change during the 1st month. Then, during the push phase - which I loved, I felt so powerful - I suddenly started to see muscle and lose weight slowly. And on the Lean phase I 1st stalled and then dropped a couple of kilos per week, and loads of inches. Total weight lost: 9 kg / 20 lbs. Plus over 4" lost from my waist alone.
    Oh, and take pictures of the "before". I hated them at the time and buried them deeply in my computer, but I am so happy to have them now! You go, girl!
  • iwantwow
    iwantwow Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    great results girl...inspired...tell us how much was ur calorie range.....and ur height....because my weight is same as ur when u started this...so i can use ur help:)
  • dbletwins
    Options
    Very nice!!
  • Saraisdifferent
    Options
    @iwantwow: I'm 5' 6" or 1,68 m tall. I aim for 70 kg / 154 lbs, maybe 65 kg / 143 lbs tops, but I don't think I will need to go lower than that, seeing as I have quite a big frame and I'm getting quite a lot of muscle. :-) I just want to look and be healthy, whatever the number on the scale is. Well, and lose the belly... ^^
    As for my calorie range, I started eating 1600 cals + exercise, then lowered to 1500 cals + exercise, and just this month, I recalculated to 1400 cals + exercise. I recalculate when my weight loss stops or really slows down for more than a couple of weeks even though I do things right - it means my body has adapted itself to the new weight. Also, I usually eat back at least half of my workout calories - all of them on weight lifting days - so I end up eating around 1500-1600 cals on most days.
    I thought about doing the TDEE -20% method, but I feel that eating back my exercise cals motivates (forces?) me to actually do my workouts and makes me feel accountable. No effort = no extra cals! ;-) I hope some day I will have internalized my sport routine and will be able to switch to TDEE, though.
    Hope that helped!
  • iwantwow
    iwantwow Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    @iwantwow: I'm 5' 6" or 1,68 m tall. I aim for 70 kg / 154 lbs, maybe 65 kg / 143 lbs tops, but I don't think I will need to go lower than that, seeing as I have quite a big frame and I'm getting quite a lot of muscle. :-) I just want to look and be healthy, whatever the number on the scale is. Well, and lose the belly... ^^
    As for my calorie range, I started eating 1600 cals + exercise, then lowered to 1500 cals + exercise, and just this month, I recalculated to 1400 cals + exercise. I recalculate when my weight loss stops or really slows down for more than a couple of weeks even though I do things right - it means my body has adapted itself to the new weight. Also, I usually eat back at least half of my workout calories - all of them on weight lifting days - so I end up eating around 1500-1600 cals on most days.
    I thought about doing the TDEE -20% method, but I feel that eating back my exercise cals motivates (forces?) me to actually do my workouts and makes me feel accountable. No effort = no extra cals! ;-) I hope some day I will have internalized my sport routine and will be able to switch to TDEE, though.
    Hope that helped!
    thanks a lot for answering ......
  • buffyfan22
    Options
    Awesome results!! Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!