Insanity

Options
Hey has anyone tried these workouts and how many calories do Insanity burn, I am going to start on Tuesday does anyone want to join? I still have alot of weight to lose but I like the crazy workouts so hopefully this won't kick my butt to bad :-)

Replies

• pizzy
    pizzy Posts: 47
    Options
    if you like going to the gym, a good workout would be a full body weight lifting routine, you dont have to use alot of wieght just enough, but since you are trying to lose weight you wont realy bulk up youll burn fat faster. then after you lift weights then you go run or do the bike. if you just run you are going to lose muscle before fat so its going to take longer. another good exercise is the Wii. get a wii with the wii sports and do a little boxing or baseball, its fun and a good source of exercise, but you have to get into it a little to get going.
  • ermommy08
    Options
    I do light weights on some of my works, but I think I will try to add more because I want to tone up as well as lose weight, losing inches is more important to me than the weight scale, thanks for the advice :-)
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    I have done it and completed it. My advice is modify if you have to. Work up to the moves you may not be able to do. Watch how you are juming and landing so you can protect your knees and low back. Lots of water that will help with muscle soreness. Wear a Heart Rate monitor if you have one. If not use the RPE scale. If your not sure what the RPE scale is look it up that will help give you an idea. Have fun
  • MissFireEmt
    Options
    Insanity just arrived at my house yesterday... took the fit test... starting workouts tonight after i get home... if you find out the calories on these workouts let me know. I put it in as circuit general and it only gave me like 400 cal burnt on here. I'm thinkin that it has to be more!
  • hammersshells
    Options
    I do Insanity with my coworkers every Thursday after work. It is HARD and I sweat like crazy and modify alot. There is alot of "get down and do this, now stand up and do that, now back down, back up" which can make one dizzy. Also the speed he encourages seems dangerous unless you are already in the shape that the people in his gym are....which I am not. So go slow and modify! I would love to know an accurate calorie count for this. It HAS to be more than 400.