Exercises for the office

I'm sure I'm not the only one who spends the majority of their day confined to a desk so I'm hoping some of you can help me out with this. What are some quick & easy excercises to do at work to get my blood pumping (without having me dripping in sweat)? I have a few exercises in mind but would like more so I can switch it up.

Thanks!

Replies

• eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    I'm not sure what the set-up of your office is or how restrictive things are there, but there are a couple of things you can try to bring your TDEE up without thinking to using hard. If you can, buy an exercise/stability ball and sit on that instead of desk chair - using your core to stabilize your body while working will burn more during the day then just sitting. Or, if you can, stand up at your desk (maybe you can raise your computer?) and do your work standing.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Nothing you can do at the office is going to make that much difference. Go for a walk on your lunch break.

Get your exercise AFTER work.
  • Fearless_b
    Fearless_b Posts: 6 Member
    I'm not sure what the set-up of your office is or how restrictive things are there, but there are a couple of things you can try to bring your TDEE up without thinking to using hard. If you can, buy an exercise/stability ball and sit on that instead of desk chair - using your core to stabilize your body while working will burn more during the day then just sitting. Or, if you can, stand up at your desk (maybe you can raise your computer?) and do your work standing.

Good idea! Thanks!
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who spends the majority of their day confined to a desk so I'm hoping some of you can help me out with this. What are some quick & easy excercises to do at work to get my blood pumping (without having me dripping in sweat)? I have a few exercises in mind but would like more so I can switch it up.

Thanks!
    I have a little kettlebell I pull out to do arm stuff, and sometimes I do things like squats in my office. And obviously if you can walk around outside, that's awesome :)
  • brittanybotsford
    brittanybotsford Posts: 20 Member
    It might be a little for me because I am in the Air Force but I have a 100% desk job (I work in IT). I've made it a challenge in the office to do push ups every hour and we all keep track of how many we have done.
  • Fearless_b
    Fearless_b Posts: 6 Member
    Great ideas! Thanks!