6 weeks on MFP - what I have learned about myself

LauraAkaTigger
LauraAkaTigger Posts: 145 Member
edited September 21 in Success Stories
Hi all,

I am a member of MFP for 6 weeks. I have lost 18lbs in those 6 weeks. Well the last few weeks on MFP have taught me alot. I have always enjoyed exercise and thought I ate healthily. I was Never a lover of high fat foods, but I am pretty hyper active and get hungry every 4 hours. I have realised that "a little Mayo", "a little cheese" ect do not make or break a diet for some, but for someone who eats at least 5 times a day it makes a massive difference!!!
I went through periods of exercise but I have never tracked my food like I am now. The iPhone app has Been invaluable to me and the biggest factor in my success. When i don't log immediately after eating I forget all the small things that add up. So the app keeps me always on track.
Seeing the calorific value of a good workout when has been a massive motivation!! But don't think I have been slaving at the gym. My main exercise has been at least 40mins of power walking at a very fast pace at intervals throughout the day to keep my metabolism revved up!!!
I have also changed my attitude to food. A few times over the last few weeks I have been stressed and wanted chocolate. But I have realised that the feeling of achievement I got from "wanting" but not "having" that has made me feel much better even on the days I felt stressed.
Maybe it wouldn't work for all but small meals? 2-3 intervals of walking and an overall positive attitude have made me lose 18lbs in 6 weeks, my skin is clearer, I have more energy (which may be overload for me. ;-p ) , and i feel great!!!
I am recommending MFP to everyone I know because the combination of all the resources and ESPECIALLY to all my friends on mfp who supported me along the way have made me succeed!!!!!

Replies

• I have been on here for a little over a month. And I too agree that the phone app is the greatest thing. Inputing the food right away lets me know whats left for later and like you said you tend to not forget the little things like the dressing or the few croutons you put on the salad. Anyway I have lost 15 pounds so far and am really motivated to keep going. Adding the exercise always makes me feel good. A, that I did it, and B that its working.:flowerforyou: I have a ways to go, but with the tools on MFP I see the changes in black and white and in the clothes that are starting to bag on me. I love it . Soon it will be time to go shopping and that is always fun. So keep up the good work all.

1847530.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    I've been here 5 weeks and I am down 15lbs! This is the longest I have ever stuck with it, and MFP is to Thank for that!!! The food log has opened my eyes up to so much..... I've struggled a number of times with giving up diet pepsi.... when I logged it in and saw all the sodium.... that was it, I was done. I haven't had one in a month! and I don't even miss it!!!!!!! The support and encouragement here is awesome! I signed up for a step aerobics class that meets twice a week, that has really helped me! And I'm trying to walk alot!!
    Congrats on your success!!! :flowerforyou:
  • wow 6 weeks seems like your doing fabulous. congrats on the loss,and goodluck on your journey.
  • You are such an inspiration for me God bless your on your healthy outcome! Stay motivated and continue to strive to where you are at peace with self.
  • Well done! xxx
  • Very inspiring, congrats on your success!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Always lovely to hear someone feeling good about their success :bigsmile:

I agree that the exercise and calorie deficit set up on here is a great motivator!

And also agree that tracking your food really opens your eyes ,my big surprise was the salt in KFC!! :noway:

All the best :flowerforyou:
  • LauraAkaTigger
    LauraAkaTigger Posts: 145 Member
    Thanks for all thecommemts. You all sound line you are loving this site as much as I am... Cause it works!!! Good luck to you all on your journey... We can all do this!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!