Looking for some running buddies!

Options
Training for my first 1/2 marathon and would love some running buddies to interact with! :smile:
Thanks!!

Replies

• Krista916
    Krista916 Posts: 258
    Options
    You can add me! I'm early on in my running (just completed my first actual running 5k) but I'd be happy to join you!
  • Doone33
    Doone33 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I don't do Marathons... haven't made it that far... but would be interested in keeping up with your journey!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    add me! i'm going to be wogging (walking/jogging) my first half next month (not ready at all!). i just bought the nerd fitness rebel running guide and want to improve my form so i can get faster and stronger! xo. i'm laura!
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Got my 3rd Half next month and first full in October
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I am running my first half in March. I am pretty excited about it. I am not the best runner... I am still pretty new and slow and my distance maxed out at 5k right now, but I improve a little every run.

Feel free to add! But be warned I am going on vacation soon and won't have internet for a few weeks, so if you add me, in 10 days you won't hear from me in a while. Lol
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    HI-
    I just started running - am working up to a half by way of a 5k (which i completed and finished first for my age group!), 10k and then the half.... I have been trying to keep consistent time and distance... although I think that I could run a full marathon - I do not like the idea of running for over 4 hours straight ...

sending friend request so I can follow your journey as well as maybe find some helpful tips on training...
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I'm training for my first half on September 28th. I did my first 10k in June.
  • KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'm working with a coach to master the 5 km and get really competitive. Runners unite!
  • fitb4fifty_kd
    Options
    I would love to join in, however I am at the walk/jog stage with a goal of my first 5K ever in the spring. I guess I'm more of a runner wannabe :)
  • Still_Fluffy
    Still_Fluffy Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Fellow runner, 5 marathons, 4 halfs, and lots of short runs.

Stuff I learned or advise I've been given that seems to work.

1) Buy a GPS watch, it helps for pacing and keeps you honest
    2) If you can't talk in complete sentences while running your going too fast (applicable for long runs)
    3) Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.
    4) Walking is not a bad thing in a race, just keep it to a minute each time, See #1
    5) Running is an individual sport that has a great sense of community, so be kind to other runners and help them when you can. After all these people are crazy they run until their nipples bleed for fun! You do not want to piss someone with that amount of determination off.

Good luck on your race.
    Op and anyone else, feel free to add me.
  • fitb4fifty_kd
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Good info.
  • beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Training for halfs myself. Feed free to add me!
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I have one 10-miler, three half marathons, and a few 10ks under my belt. Adding two more halfs, two marathons, and another 10-miler between now and November.
  • Stlarenas
    Stlarenas Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I am a new runner - I had never in my life run before - and just recently finished c25k. Enjoyed it so much I continued on to c210k. Currently 3 weeks in.

Still feels weird to call myself a runner :)
  • mike_usmc
    mike_usmc Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm working my way to a half marathon going in Novemeber in Georgia!! I cannot wait. Sounds weird, but I'm excited about it. Anyone got any tips or info? right now I'm running about 30 miles per week at an average 3 - 5 miles per day. Im all eyes for any tips leading to the run. My first marathon t-shirt!! Woo hoo !
  • Spikethered
    Options
    I have done a few halfs , some longer runs and have a full coming up so please feel free to add me anyone:)
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Fellow runner, 5 marathons, 4 halfs, and lots of short runs.

Stuff I learned or advise I've been given that seems to work.

1) Buy a GPS watch, it helps for pacing and keeps you honest
    2) If you can't talk in complete sentences while running your going too fast (applicable for long runs)
    3) Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.
    4) Walking is not a bad thing in a race, just keep it to a minute each time, See #1
    5) Running is an individual sport that has a great sense of community, so be kind to other runners and help them when you can. After all these people are crazy they run until their nipples bleed for fun! You do not want to piss someone with that amount of determination off.

Good luck on your race.
    Op and anyone else, feel free to add me.

Thank you so much for the helpful tips.... (nipples bleeding - ha ha ha ha ha)
  • Dgross1
    Dgross1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am currently training for my fist 1/2 marathon! We can share tips/frustrations and motivate each other!
  • Ann262
    Ann262 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I am a runner!

I am a veteran of 23 marathons and no idea how many half marathons. I was a pretty competitive age group runner from 2000 to 2005. Then we moved, got dogs and I got distracted with other things. I haven't run a race in a very long time and am working to fight my way back. I have about 25 pounds to lose.

Friend me, we can talk running!
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner, but I'm taking this year off from racing. Feel free to add me if you want. For me what works in a race is this. Go out a bit slower than you think you should and then gradually pick up the pace. I've seen way too many people seemingly sprint out at the beginning, and then before the race is halfway through need to walk. It's hilarious but sad.