Question for the Mamas

Options
MaryJane_8810002
MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
How much weight did you gain during pregnancy? Please specify if you had multiples (Twins, triplets, etc).

Thanks in Advance!

Replies

• SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    29 lbs during both pregnancies. I have one baby at a time.
  • DashDeV
    DashDeV Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I gained 40 lbs of Recee's peanut butter cups.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    My old lady gained like 70lbs.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I lost weight with all three, all single babies - baby #3 is 8 weeks old and after I had her I was 22 pounds less than pre pregnancy. BUT because I was so sick and on bed rest I got "soft" with each one. Averaged a few months with each to tone back up to where I was before, which is where I am now with this one, trying to snap back =)
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    37 pounds both times - both were single births and both were apparently too much weight for me to have gained, according to doctors. Meh, I took it all back off....
  • pastamomma
    pastamomma Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I gained 20, 16 and 12 pounds for single babies. But, I was very overweight when I got pregnant. C-sections all of them.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I was 110 when I got pregnant, gained about 10 pounds in the first month, developed terrible morning sickness in my second month and ended up at 102 pounds. In my third trimester, I gained 53 pounds (all belly, though) and delivered at 155.
  • lalaland82
    lalaland82 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I gained 45 lbs with my first baby (single) and 25 with my second (single again).

With my first I was young and naive and kept being told by my grandmother that I needed to eat for 2 and the weight would 'melt away' after. I learned that neither were true and was far more sensible with my second!!
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I gained 65 with my first. At 6' tall & 130 lbs, my doctor told me I was under weight for my height, and that I would probably put on more weight than normal, and that I should keep an additional 15-20lbs after having the baby. 8 years later with my second I gained like 40lbs.
  • kikionna4
    kikionna4 Posts: 308
    Options
    With my first pregnancy I gained 10lbs and with my second I was -5lbs. I'm pretty sure I never gained much because once I was pregnant I ate healthier foods with the combination of morning sickness lol.
  • Siobhan108
    Siobhan108 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I had 5 children, the lowest weight was my 4th girl who was induced at 33 weeks and weighted 8 lbs 10 oz. The other 4 were all over 10 lbs, the largest 11lbs 14 oz and I was not and am not diabetic . I was very sick with each one and lost weight but that is not common. Everyone is different but I would say 25-30 lbs would be average weight gain. The reason I mentioned the size of my daughters is that they were, for the most part the weight of some sets of multiples and I had all of them natural.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    23 pounds.

The girl weighed 10 pounds when she was born and was 23 inches long. I gave birth to a 3 month old.

I was actually in better shape when I went back to work after maternity leave than I was when I got pregnant.

I ate crazy healthy while I was pregnant and stayed very active.

By the time she was two I was at my heaviest weight ever though . . . leaving work and going to the gym just wasn't as important as picking her up from daycare at the earliest moment possible.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Singletons, 30-35lb gained with each pregnancy. Babies weighed 9lb 5oz (95 percentile, 99th for head size, I remind him regularly) and 6lb 14oz (yep, the second was smaller and is consistently in a lower percentile on the height/weight charts).
  • Angel03744
    Angel03744 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    5lb, I was sick as a dog the whole way thru... She weighed 7lb 11oz
    BUT I gained 15lbs within a year of her being born :/
  • Ltlmis
    Ltlmis Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I gained 30 pounds with my son, which was too much, IMHO, considering I'd started at 250!
  • mrshallewell
    Options
    7lb total, my diet completely changed when i was pregnant and was actually loosing weight healthily up until about 7 months along. but after she was born i had a complete flip change and put on 1st4lbs because my eating went into overdrive compensating on everything i went healthy on when i was pregnant
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    8lbs with our first
    12 lbs with our second
    38 with our third
    But, note I was terribly sick for 6 1/2 months with our first. He weighed 8 lbs 8 1/2 oz. 22 1/2 inches long.
    And just fat and happy with our third lol :bigsmile:
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    I gained around 40lbs when I was pregnant. Pure delicious goodness of pop tarts, mexican food, ice cream and whatever the hell I wanted. I'm surprised my daughter doesn't resemble a poptart actually now that I think about it. Meh. It all turned out alright.
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I only gained 10 because I had gestational diabetes and had to keep carbs low. I was also already overweight at the time, so 10 pounds was perfect.
  • LilBritGettinFit
    LilBritGettinFit Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    40 ish pounds with my first daughter and I wasn't active or eating well at all and 24 this second time (she is now 4 months old) and I stayed pretty active, watched my calories but basically OD'd on chocolate daily :)