From Skinny Fat to Fit!

Options
I started this journey about 9-10 months ago. Bit the bullet, paid for a personal trainer, got serious about my diet, decided I didn't like how I looked and now here I am! I started out with my trainer at 138 with little to no strength, whatsoever. This is me (I'm in the middle) shortly before I started working out with him (you never know how much you weight you hold in your face till it's gone!):

1010551_10100299167109020_566254580_n.jpg

I was the heaviest I've ever been, I was unhappy, I was drinking a lot, I was eating like crap.

Fast forward to now, I'm running 5k's in the fastest time I've ever ran, sometimes 3-4 5k's a month. I'm trying new things on a weekly basis (spinning, yoga, hot yoga, pilates). Let me just tell you, hot yoga is the bees knees!

I count my calories and try to eat fairly well, I allow myself cheats here and there but I am fairly strict through the week on how much I am eating and what I'm eating.

I work out 5-6 days a week for at least 45 minutes at a time and I've started heavy lifting which is GREATLY improved how my body looks physically, not just feels, but looks.

I'm down to 123, I got down to 120, but quickly started gaining muscle.

6sqlqe.jpg

mj1qpt.jpg

I HIGHLY encourage women and men, to start lifting weights. Not only does it help tone you up and get rid of any of those last little lbs you are looking to lose, it makes you feel AMAZING. Lifting is all I look forward to anymore, after a hard day at work all I want to do is go in the gym and lift some weights, it relaxes me, it makes me look good and it makes me feel wonderful!

And I did and continue to do all of this while working 40 hours a week and attending college full time at NKU! If you say you don't have time, make some!

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!