For me, exercise is the key

mtnbiker62
mtnbiker62 Posts: 33 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I'm fairly new to MFP and quantitative life tracking in general. I've noticed a definite, repeatable trend in my progress up to this point. If I eat my calorie goal, but don't do any exercise, then I maintain, or lose a tiny amount of weight. If I do a little exercise, even if it is just walking my steps and stairs on Fitbit, my weight loss is magnified. I don't think its true for everyone (at least I can't prove that it is), but for me, exercise is the key to this whole endeavor.

Fitbit goals: 10,000 steps, 10 flights of stairs, 5 miles, 3,222 calories/day.

Replies

• helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    I've done exercise nearly everyday of my diet and I don't think I would have lost weight as quickly if I hadn't. I also needed to get fit though and more active, so would have done this anyway whether it helped my weight loss or not. I can certainly see more definition in my legs, arms, stomach etc & I believe that wouldn't be as noticeable without exercise.
  • rvpearson
    rvpearson Posts: 13 Member
    Exercise is my key as well. I have never been able to lose weight with just diet alone, I have to exercise a lot. Which is very frustrating, because it is hard to fit in the day the amount of exercise I need to lose. By your pic and name you must be a mountain biker! I LOVE mountain biking! I just need to lose some weight so I can do some bigger rides without feeling like I am going to die! :smile:
  • MommyisFit
    MommyisFit Posts: 139 Member
    Exercise is the key to my sanity! As a SAHM it is the only break from my kiddos and I am way more patient and generally a nicer person when I workout.
  • waterlily
    waterlily Posts: 55 Member
    Hi...Just wanted to say I agree that Exercise is the key...I am 100% a fitness craze now. I was successfull in the past, with hard work and decitaction.Keep your fitness mindset strong!! Liliann
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Finally someone that gets it. I am so tired of people saying it's 80% in the kitchen. Seriously but no. You absolutely need to stay active or get active. It doesn't have to be formal exercise. I mostly make sure I am moving 4 or more hours a day now. I have lost some weight I am sure it's mostly fat. If I wasn't moving around and just dieting I am pretty sure it would be a lot more lean weight lost and I would still have no energy to do what I need to do. I certainly wouldn't have gotten in good enough shape to be going back to college.
This discussion has been closed.