Fitness NSV - Share your next fitness goal

Options
kluvit
kluvit Posts: 435 Member
Throught my weightloss and maintenance journey, I've become more fit. What started as a way to burn more in order to eat more evolved into new fitness goals. The other day, my husband was talking about Army PT tests as a fitness challenge, so I looked up the standards and thought working toward them would be a motivator. The next day, I thought I would see how close I could get to the 2 mile run time standard, so I could start "training" for it, and I actually did it! I ran the 2 miles in less time required for the 100 point score for my age group! On to "training" to meet the sit-up and push-up standards. :wink:

Share your "fitness" challenges. What keeps you motivated? What's your "next step" goal?

Replies

• Otrogen
    Otrogen Posts: 65
    Options
    Congrats! That's great =D. I'd love to be able to run 2 miles in under 16 minutes. That isn't a bad goal to work toward, but I'm definitely taking the roundabout way haha.

My goal is just to become a runner. I want to keep on running 4-5 days a week, increasing my time, and getting that distance racked up until I can comfortably do 15 miles a week. That's my short-term goal. Also, I want to do a time of under 45 minutes in my first 5K in mid-October.
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I didn't beat 16 minutes (mine was 17:24), but another goal is to work my way down the age chart! :)
    Keep on running. I have never been a runner...couldn't run more than 30 seconds without slowing to a walk, etc., and couldn't even complete a 5k (in any time), but when I did the 2 miles sub-17:24 on Monday, I went on to complete a 5k around 27:30 (a personal best for me).

So, keep on keeping on! You'll notice your goals increasing over time, as well. My husband reminded me that losing weight helps. I know it wouldn't be as easy if I added a 35 pound pack (equal to my starting weight).