Question for the Mamas

Options

Replies

• tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I gained 45 lbs with the first and only 10 lbs with the second. The second was a difficult pregnancy and I lost weight in the first trimester, remained steady in the second, and gained finally in the third.
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I put on 36lbs give or take and I am just 2 pounds shy of my pre-pregnancy wait now, my baby is almost 2!!
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    About 40 lbs with both (both singletons). My first I took the attitude of "I'm pregnant, I can eat whatever I want" and "craved" stuffed crust pizza. 2nd, I ate more healthily, exercised more, etc. and gained the same. 1st baby was 8 lbs, 2 oz; 2nd was 6 lbs, 9 oz. Weight came off both times in about 8 weeks. Both c-sections.
  • laceylucas86
    Options
    30 LBS, ONE BABY, only 5 stuck after water weight etc went down and uterus shrunk back, 25-30 is normal for average weight people Dr told me
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I have 3 children- single births. First pregnancy- 28 lbs, Second pregnancy- 14 lbs and Third pregnancy- 24 lbs.
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    I started out about 20 pounds overweight.
    I gained about 50 pounds per child...
    I had 7 children and kept about 10 pounds per child.
    Hence having to lose 90 pounds. :smile:
    I really did eat for two people...just forgot one only needed a few extra calories.
  • icyeyes317
    icyeyes317 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I've had two boys (so far).

With the first one, now 11, I gained 90 pounds. No one could figure out why, I did not have GD, and doc put me on strict diet, exercise, etc. Baby was 7 pounds 2.4 ounces.

Baby number two, now 3, I gained 75. Same thing. He was 7 pounds 10 ounces.

Both were 3 weeks early (considered preemie by some, not by others).

Apparently my body just REALLY likes me being huge for pregnancy.
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    My wife gained close to 50 with our first. She started retaining water like crazy the last week or so and put on 10 pounds.

She gained 35 with the second, both weighed in at over 8 pounds.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I normally weigh around 65 kgs and the heaviest I got (with 6lb baby inside) was 73 kgs. So I didn't gain much. I did however gain a lot more from breastfeeding which I found a very sedentary process, and not being able to get to the gym between baby and working full time. It was more the lifestyle change of having a baby to look after that made me gain weight.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I have only been pregnant once and I only gained 11 pounds... mostly due to food aversions and the lack of desire to actually physically eat.
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I gained 24lbs when I was pregnant with my son
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I gained 44lbs - despite eating ridiculously healthy and exercising throughout my entire pregnancy. I lost it all right away, though.
  • LowFatMama
    LowFatMama Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    1st pregnancy I gained a whopping 82 lbs (with one child) I used that pregnancy as an excuse to eat whatever & however much I wanted... Boy do I regret that!!

2nd pregnancy I gained about 35 lbs ( with one child).
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I have two...both singles...

With my son, I weighed 115lbs, lost some weight due to morning-noon-and-night-sickness, and then weighed in at 145lbs the day I delivered. (I was in the Army til he was 12mo...so i lost everything but 10 lbs.)

With my daughter, I was at 135lbs, gained 55lbs. I was in an accident that put me off my feet for 8 months and gained another 30lbs. It took me the better part of 6 years to get back down to 140lbs from 220lbs.

Like someone said above me, it also made me softer...I used to have decently cut abs, and muscle definition (not hard core cut, but there were some nice lines in my arms and legs) prior to my son, and though I can feel them, I haven't seen them in over a decade.
  • mag131
    mag131 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I have one child and I went from 116 to 171, so 55lbs. I worked full time on my feet the entire pregnancy, but binged and overate like crazy. The only nice thing about all that weight gain was the double Ds.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    40lbs with baby 1 and 2
    First baby 8lbs 3oz
    Second baby 9lbs 2.2oz (started as a twin pregnancy lost baby 2 around 8 weeks)

With both babies I was at 150lbs (5lbs heavier than start weight) within 2 weeks.
  • Resa001
    Resa001 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I was 135 lbs (my heaviest ever up till that point).
    I went up to 173 - so I gained 38 lbs. This is with eating very well, walking every day and doing yoga.

When I went back to work after one year of maternity leave I was 125lbs without even trying to lose the weight, I was just cooking a lot at home, taking my son out every day - no desk job!

After one year back at work I was 135 again and I joined MFP (again).

I've been on here a couple weeks and I'm at 131.5 - my goal is 125lbs.
  • LeviLeDoux
    LeviLeDoux Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I gained 32 pounds with my first daughter and 14 pounds with my second, including the weight of the baby. I was back to prepregnancy weight with my second after two days, although my body looked like it had been hit by a train. :laugh:
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Pregnancy 1: 50 lbs single birth
    Pregnancy 2: 65 lbs single birth
    Pregnancy 3: 75 lbs single birth

I don't do pregnancy well.

ETA: I never really had a hard time losing the weight afterwards, though. I found out I was pregnant with my third when my second was 10 months old and I was only a couple pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight.
  • ByeSwellyBelly
    Options
    36 pounds, one baby. I did so good until the 8th month, then I gained 10 pounds in my last fee weeks haha!