Public Dieting!

Options
Hi All,

Always on a diet and always need to lose weight but I really really want to make a go of it 1.Because I'm getting wed next year and 2. Because I've been stupid enough to post it on my Mum and Dads Farm Shop page which has nearly 2000 followers. I work there and they all see me so no hiding behind a screen and pretending I'm losing when I'm not. So this time I NEED to stick with it.

What sort of losses do we get from fitness pal and how long have people been using it?

Thank you,

Laura X

Replies

• LeahT84
    LeahT84 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I've been actively using it since February to keep track of the calories I eat, and I am down 75 pounds in 6 months. :)
  • kimberd40
    Options
    I have a close friend who has lost over 40lbs in about 5 months using mfp. I also know someone else who lost 55 in 8 months, and she is still at it.

I need to stick with it too, I find it fun for the first few days, but then I either get too busy and forget or just bored with it. Maybe if I "make friends" on here it will entice me to log on more consistently!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    There are people who have used this site for several years and at least one who has lost and kept off over 300 pounds. Watch the success threads for a few days and you will see them.

The people who have the best long term success are not "on a diet" but instead are making a lifestyle change to eating right and moving more.
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Always on a diet and always need to lose weight but I really really want to make a go of it 1.Because I'm getting wed next year and 2. Because I've been stupid enough to post it on my Mum and Dads Farm Shop page which has nearly 2000 followers. I work there and they all see me so no hiding behind a screen and pretending I'm losing when I'm not. So this time I NEED to stick with it.

What sort of losses do we get from fitness pal and how long have people been using it?

Thank you,

Laura X

Maybe that's the motivation you need. Sometimes we do better with a little pressure !!
    I lost most of my baby weight through exercise alone and no calorie counting but the last few pounds are a lot harder to shift. I do much better now I'm tracking everything I eat and have lost about 13lb in the last few months. I've got 12 more to go but I'm off on holiday soon so probably won't be able to kick that until I get back in September .... good luck =D
  • kbeardmore22
    kbeardmore22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP since July 11th and have lost 8 lbs so far. I am happy with the program so far and am on my way to a healthier me:) I have made some incredibly supportive friends and I think that has made a huge difference, knowing that I have support each and every day. Good luck with your weight loss journey!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 lbs in one year, then gained it all back.
  • AlbionLaura
    AlbionLaura Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That all sounds great, well done everyone. I'll go and have a nosy at the success forum now :)
  • loverocakes
    Options
    Just getting started, i have always wanted to lose weight but was never taking it seriously. I help friend and i need help!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: