Winter Exercise

Options
I live in a small 2A town and we don't have a gym or anything and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on exercise for the cold weather. I am really not a fan of the cold and my exercise has been walking or running around a local park with a friend. But since it is about to get cold I don't know how long that will last. Any recommendations would be great. Thanks everyone God Bless!!!

Replies

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    You could buy/rent some DVD's. I like 30 day Shred or any of the Turbo Jams. You could also make up your own dance/aerobic routines to music. Do you have OnDemand on your cable TV? If so, there is a fitness/exercise section with tons of workouts. You could also look online. I know that fitness magazine has a bunch on their site, but I'm sure there are tons of other places you could find some too.
  • dragonfly__
    dragonfly__ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    try your local library for fitness DVDs, there will be unlimited variety so you won't grow bored with the exericse and neither will your muscles! Also, start reading magazines (Self, and Womens Health are both good ones) they always include exercise routines and suggestions. You could build your own exercise routine from the info you find there. :wink:
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I am not the best with the videos, as I exercise super early in the morning when the rest of the crew is still asleep. Similar situation with the small town and very little access to gyms or equipment... honestly, I invested in Long Johns and kept on trucking! Good luck this winter in finding something that works for you!
  • robinsnest0326
    Options
    yeah i would try buying some dvds, I live in wyoming and it gets way cold here so i totally understand.
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    plan 1 or 2 days to go to a gym in Lubbock . I know it a 45 min drive for you, but if you plan a day of shopping and so forth.
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You don't have to have a gym. If you have money to spend buy a treadmill or less money a step for step aerobics. I have a treadmill, ball,step,band and hand weights. I use FIT TV from Direct TV.. They have lots of exercise routines from boot camp tp belly dancing. There are so many things you can do inside if you need. But you could just bulk up and keep up your walks. Just layer your clothing so you can strip it off as you get to warm. Good Luck
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of cold weather either. When the snow hits the ground and you are no longer able to walk in the park, look for the largest shopping center parking lot. After they clear the parking lot you can walk the perimeter without getting your feet wet and frozen. My cold weather boots are definatly not made for walking distance in! They did keep my feet toasty last year while shoveling snow though!
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of winter either. To try and get out and enjoy it I cross country ski, snow shoe and skate when the weather is permitable.

Karen