Low sugar breakfast ideas

Hello all!

Really need to change up my breakfast routine to cure my latte and fruit flavored greek yogurt addiction.

Suggestions??

Replies

• Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Eggs, oatmeal, toasts, cereals, nuts... pretty much anything you feel like eating that morning? :wink:
  • dadzzz
    dadzzz Posts: 16 Member
    Porridge with sweetener
  • sumeetg37
    sumeetg37 Posts: 108 Member
    The wife makes breakfast bars for me. She starts with a kath eats recipe which is doctored with some reduced sugar craisins, sugar free chocolate chips, nuts, and chia seeds ( the more fiber the merrier if you ask me). I make nine servings out of the recipe each serving has a bit more than 200 cal and lasts me till lunch time... With a cup of coffee of course. The taste is decent, we've played around till we found a mix that I like...
  • lippy12477
    lippy12477 Posts: 23 Member
    I have found that I can make an egg sandwich that is only 175 calories and it's yummy and filling. I use thomas light multi grain english muffins (100 calories), 1 egg white cooked in a pan with cooking spray, 1 sargento thin slice cheese (I like colby jack-40 calories), and 1 slice of canadian bacon. So yummy...:love:
  • lippy12477
    lippy12477 Posts: 23 Member
    add a fruit and you have a low calorie yummy breakfast (to the above).
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    I do either of these two regularly:

1) Two Fried Eggs (dry fried, not added fats) with 3 slices of bacon and 1-1.5 cups of homestyle hashbrowns

or

2) 8 egg whites and 1/4 cup shredded skim mozza scrambled with 2 slices of bacon

One is obviously super low carb haha and I don't think there is much of any sugar in either option.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Steak and eggs
  • victoriousO
    victoriousO Posts: 63 Member
    The first thing that comes to mind is oatmeal with some real fruit in it. Both have 100's of benefits to your health. Good luck with all the suggestions:))))
  • frankyk89
    frankyk89 Posts: 173 Member
    Overnight Oats!! love them; quick and easy. just grab and go in the morning.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Fried chicken & waffles.
  • takerbrat
    takerbrat Posts: 81 Member
    Want to get away from the oatmeal option and the omelette option? How about Carnivore's Crepes with Cranberry Dijon Sauce? http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/takerbrat/view/skip-the-protein-shake-and-try-these-savoury-crepes-555775. For a picture checkout my Facebook page and scroll down to July 19 - https://www.facebook.com/TeamDontMessWithTheMommaPage
  • desert_mom
    desert_mom Posts: 91 Member
    I eat pretty much the same thing every morning, but I'm not sick of it yet, so it's okay, lol :)

I have 3 egg whites and 1 whole egg scrambled in 1 tsp of coconut oil and a piece of fruit.