Low sugar breakfast ideas

Options
Hello all!

Really need to change up my breakfast routine to cure my latte and fruit flavored greek yogurt addiction.

Suggestions??

Replies

• Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Eggs, oatmeal, toasts, cereals, nuts... pretty much anything you feel like eating that morning? :wink:
  • dadzzz
    dadzzz Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Porridge with sweetener
  • sumeetg37
    sumeetg37 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    The wife makes breakfast bars for me. She starts with a kath eats recipe which is doctored with some reduced sugar craisins, sugar free chocolate chips, nuts, and chia seeds ( the more fiber the merrier if you ask me). I make nine servings out of the recipe each serving has a bit more than 200 cal and lasts me till lunch time... With a cup of coffee of course. The taste is decent, we've played around till we found a mix that I like...
  • lippy12477
    lippy12477 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have found that I can make an egg sandwich that is only 175 calories and it's yummy and filling. I use thomas light multi grain english muffins (100 calories), 1 egg white cooked in a pan with cooking spray, 1 sargento thin slice cheese (I like colby jack-40 calories), and 1 slice of canadian bacon. So yummy...:love:
  • lippy12477
    lippy12477 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    add a fruit and you have a low calorie yummy breakfast (to the above).
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I do either of these two regularly:

1) Two Fried Eggs (dry fried, not added fats) with 3 slices of bacon and 1-1.5 cups of homestyle hashbrowns

or

2) 8 egg whites and 1/4 cup shredded skim mozza scrambled with 2 slices of bacon

One is obviously super low carb haha and I don't think there is much of any sugar in either option.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Steak and eggs
  • victoriousO
    victoriousO Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    The first thing that comes to mind is oatmeal with some real fruit in it. Both have 100's of benefits to your health. Good luck with all the suggestions:))))
  • frankyk89
    frankyk89 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Overnight Oats!! love them; quick and easy. just grab and go in the morning.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Fried chicken & waffles.
  • takerbrat
    takerbrat Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Want to get away from the oatmeal option and the omelette option? How about Carnivore's Crepes with Cranberry Dijon Sauce? http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/takerbrat/view/skip-the-protein-shake-and-try-these-savoury-crepes-555775. For a picture checkout my Facebook page and scroll down to July 19 - https://www.facebook.com/TeamDontMessWithTheMommaPage
  • desert_mom
    desert_mom Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty much the same thing every morning, but I'm not sick of it yet, so it's okay, lol :)

I have 3 egg whites and 1 whole egg scrambled in 1 tsp of coconut oil and a piece of fruit.