trouble getting fats and protiens in cal ct

Options
Anyone have suggestions as to some food sources that have high protein? fats? I am not meeting the goals for either of these. Been rummaging onliine and to be honest, I cannot afford to make many of the receipes the ingredients are costle and I certainly won't eat much of the leftovers. I am already eating seperate meals from my family. Help???

Replies

• madtownjeremy
    Options
    Fats are easy; not only should you be counting the oil you cook with (I prefer coconut), but also and nuts or seeds you munch on (walnuts! yeah! You also get some good protein this way...). Also, there's a good amount of fat in eggs, certain types of meat and seafood, of course avocado is pretty high in good fat, and the old paleo 'solution for everything', Bacon.

For protein, you might want to consider getting into a good protein powder. It's not just for powerlifters and helps a lot with hitting your daily macros. Also, take a look at this list...it'll point you in the right direction.

http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/foods-highest-in-protein.php

Good luck!
  • ShannonMK9
    ShannonMK9 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    what madtown_jerem said - there is nothing else really to add to that.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Eggs. Cheap, hits both marks, can be cooked a million different ways.
  • madtownjeremy
    Options
    Eggs. Cheap, hits both marks, can be cooked a million different ways.

...and taste friggin' awesome! :)
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Eggs, cheese, yogurt, nuts, avocado, olive oil, coconut oil, turkey bacon, peanut butter, almond butter. Is may help in some areas! Good luck! :)
  • c1wolfgang
    c1wolfgang Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    will try eggs and avocados, maybe nuts. none of these have i incorporated at this time. I just HATE eating at 5 am. never been a breakfast person. i do however count all cooking oils. it is hard for me to meet my goal of 1200 cals a day... as for today... so far 432 cals at this posting time.. Thanks for the list and insight