What are 30ds?

Options
Ok, this is probably a stupid question - I've been on this site off and on for a while now and this time I'm planning to really stick to it. I'm not a huge fan of exercising - I just don't enjoy it at all, to be perfectly honest - it feels too much like work.....but I have seen several mentions of these 30ds - can someone tell me what that means/is/is involved?

I really lack motiviation when it comes to working out, but as the number on the scale and the waistline grows I've got to do something....just need some ideas.

My husband has had a job where he travels 1-2 weeks at a time EVERY week so it has been just me. He's going to be in a new role with his company that will have him home every night for the first time in 3 years so we are making some lifestyle changes while he's in training (out of town until mid-September). We have already quit smoking ( a 20+ year habit) and have made some modifications in our eating habits, but it will be much more motivating to have my best friend home again.....it will take some time to figure it all out but I'm looking for some ideas.

SOrry to ramble....thank you for "listening"

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred (aka 30DS)

work out DVD by Jillian Michael's.

3 levels (level 1, 2, and 3) you generally do each level for 10 days then move onto to the next level. Each work out is about 26 minutes (warm up, work out, cool down) it's little intervals of strength, cardio and AB work and you do 3 6 minute phases of each, plus the warm up once and cool down once, again 26 minutes in all)
  • acheron03
    Options
    Pretty sure it refers to 30 day shred a jillian michael's dvd
  • cassienoe
    cassienoe Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    It's Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred just abbreviated. It's a fun workout! 25 mins from start to finish (warm up..workout..cool down) and the moves are circuit training style. There are 3 levels. You can find them for free on youtube! Check it out!
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Refers to Jillian Michaels' 30-day Shred.

Congratulations on your new goals and on having more time with your husband. :)
  • jesskreg
    jesskreg Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    30ds refers to the 30 day shred program. It's a workout program done by Jillian Michaels from "The Biggest Loser". You can buy the dvd or find it on youtube. Basically, it's 3 levels and lasts 30 days. Each level, the intensity of the workout increases. Each level is 30 minutes long and takes 10 days to complete. The workouts consist of strength, cardio and abs. It's definitely a good workout. Just google 30 day shred, and you'll find lots of information. Good luck!
  • tovenestor
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I was hoping it was not a DVD! LOL Do guys enjoy this or just the ladies? Just curious - I actually think I have this one - LOL - one of many I have started and not stuck to! Perhaps this will be the time!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    you have to be motivated to do it though, it's pretty fast.
  • twinsmom03
    twinsmom03 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    It's 20 mins...you WILL work up a sweat and YOU WILL feel it :) Good luck!!!
  • hannamarie88
    hannamarie88 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Agh. I wrote a really long post and then MFP gave me the terrible "site down for maintenance."

Well. I've been doing the shred since July 2nd (it took me a little more than 30 days...) and I will be finishing tomorrow. I have two days left. In that time I have dropped 10 pounds and 7 inches. I look and feel amazing. I did combine it with the Couch to 5K program for additional cardio.

It is a DVD that will kick your butt -- have you heard of Insanity? That's a DVD program too. The 30DS is just 27 minutes a day. Just 27 minutes and you will LOVE the results if you push yourself. I love what I'm seeing and I am a Jillian believer! I bought like... four more of her DVDs.

I don't know if you can see my photos since you are not my friend... but if you can my progress picture is posted in there. And I will be making a "success" post in the forums very shortly -- can't wait to see my overall results, last measurements were taken on Aug 4th.

You've got this! And congrats on your success and your new goals! :D