Question for the Mamas

Options

Replies

• bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I actually lost weight. I was 225 for my first before, then I had severe morning sickness (hyperemesis) and lost about 30lbs then stabilized then made it back to my pre preg weight by the time I gave birth. After birth I sat around 200lbs til I stopped pumping (unable to breastfeed).
    Almost the same for my second, I was back up to 225, got pregnant when my first was 7 months old. I was more prepared but it was still miserable with the same severe morning sickness. I only dropped 15lbs, stabilized then made it to 230lbs by the birth. I also ended up on bedrest for this one due to incompetent cervix and I almost lost her. I lost a lot of muscle mass and strength from this. Dropped down to 205 after the birth, but was able to breastfeed. But my god, I could not stop eating while breastfeeding, anytime I dieted it effected my supply so the weight creeped back on over 6 months and then I got a 10lb jump when I stopped nursing when she was 6 months old. So...back up to 230lbs. I think a lot of it right now is I haven't gotten all my pre baby strength back since they were almost back to back. All my weight gain was baby though, I lost everything right after the births.
  • statickey
    statickey Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    40lbs, single pregnancy
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    I went from 119 to 180. I was young & no one told me I needed to watch my weight. I thought that I had to eat a lot for my baby to be healthy. And, I liked chocolate a lot.

12 years later and I know better. If I were to get preg again I would be armed with knowledge. ;-)
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    First child I gained 20#'s and delivered a full term single child at 125#'s
    Second child I gained 20#'s as well and delivered another full term single child at 135#'s

That's it....the shop is closed :laugh:

ETA: during pregnancy with the second child, my blood sugar issues began & the weight started to creep on
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    27 pounds with my first and 17 with my second. Both single babies.
  • joaniej75
    joaniej75 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I gained 35 pounds with twins---my doctor kept me on a very strick diet......I lost most of it the day I came out of the hospital---my boys were 7 pounds and 6 3
    plus all the water and such
    i lost even more after I had them---i stayed nauseaus after they were born for about a month
    once i started feeling better the pounds started coming on.....and havent stopped
  • jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Options
    Both singleton pregnancies-gained 40 lbs with my son who was born one month early at a very healthy 7.8 lbs. I ate anything I wanted during that pregnancy. Second time around I learned my lesson and gained the recommended 25 lbs. My daughter was born weighing 10 lbs 1 ounce and 23" long. I have monstrous sized babies. Lost all the pregnancy weight within a few months of having my second and last baby.
  • shawtiibabyy
    Options
    With my first I gained nearly 100lb, my fault for believing you have to eat for 2 (I probably ate for 3 though lol) he was 8lb and 2 weeks late. Lost around 56lb Then gained 40lb with my 2nd. She was two weeks early and only weighed 5lb 5 (didn't eat as much but more a case of eating the wrong food, plenty of processed junk)
    I still remember my nan telling me I was as round as I was tall when I was pregnant with my first. Didn't surprise me at 4ft 11 lol
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    60lbs with my first and over 30 with my 2nd... both only one baby in there I lost all the baby weight by 6months post on my second :) thanks to MFP and me eating healthy during my 2nd!
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    38 with each (both singles)
  • RunningForeverMama
    RunningForeverMama Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    50-60 pounds, every.single.time.:sad: I had six, no multiples. Until the last two I was pretty good about losing it all, thank God, but I was never thin in the first place. I weigh less now. :smile:
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Gained 68 lbs with baby #1 - went from 164 lbs to 232 lbs on delivery day. Dropped naturally to about 195 after baby was born.

Gained 26 lbs with baby #2 - went from 194 lbs to 220 lbs on delivery day. Dropped naturally to about 185 lbs after baby was born.

One baby at a time; gestational diabetes with both pregnancies. Difference was the first one it wasn't caught until testing at 28 weeks. With my 2nd pregnancy I ate a diabetes diet from the first trimester and was running twice a week until 32 weeks pg.
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    First baby, gained 35 lbs.

Second one, I was SO SICK I lost 17.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Exactly 25 lbs. I had one little baby boy. I was back in my size 3's in 8 days. Oh, to be that way again!! :sad:
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Oh crap I probably gained about 50 with my last one (singleton). I craved lobster & birthday cakes for 9 months. =-O
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    All singletons:

#1 - 40 pounds (hello, Milky Ways) I was underweight to start
    #2 - 38 pounds. I was at the lower end of average weight to start
    #3 - I'm 8 months on Saturday and I've gained 22 pounds so far. I started out at the lower end of average weight and I'm hoping to stay at around a 30 pound gain this time.
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    with all 4 of mine i gained about 25-30 lbs. (no multiples)
  • poorgirl1
    poorgirl1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I gained 30 pounds with the first one, and 20 lbs with the second one. My second one just turned 1 and now I am 15 lbs below pre-pregnanacy weight.
  • Hunnib23
    Hunnib23 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I had two kids at two separate times and I gained A LOT in my last trimester with both. Like I was at a normal weight gain then all of the sudden packed on the lbs.
    My first child I gained 100 lbs and lost it fast ( I was underweight when I got prego)
    My daugher I gained about 80 lbs and also lost it fast (I was normal weight when I got prego)
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    19 1/2 lbs with my son, 21 1/2 lbs with my daughter. I kept 5 lbs from each pregnancy, too.