One year progress pics - 87 pounds and going!

Options
My sweet little baby girl turned one year old today. And although this in itself is cause for celebration, it has also been one year since I made a resolution to change my life. Being pregnant forced me into a doctor's office, where I had not been since I was a child - it forced me to look at the scale and my vital stats. At the end of my pregnancy I weighed 269 pounds and had extremely high blood pressure.

I have been fat my whole life. I'm talking, kindergarten age. Aside from one desperate and failed attempt to lose weight the summer following 6th grade (by route of anorexia), I have never attempted to lose weight or be active. I decided for myself, and for my daughter, that I had to do something. I do not want her to go through what I went through - the teasing, the tormenting, the self-hate and loathing, the self-induced reclusive nature, the low self-esteem, the building up of emotional walls and reluctance to love or let love... nope, not my daughter.

The last year for me can pretty much be split up into three different phases:

Phase 1: August-December
Had no idea what the hell I was doing. Resolved to watch portions, but I refused to change anything that I ate or do exercise. I lost about 50 pounds after giving birth (water weight from being on an IV drip for 2 days mostly). This happened in the month following getting home from the hospital. Slowly started gaining again.

Phase 2: January-March
Realized I had no idea what the hell I was doing. Resolved to add a bit of light exercise into my master plan. Still not losing weight.

Phase 3: April-Current
Resolved to educate myself on nutrition and do more physical exercise. This is also the time when I downloaded MFP and began tracking my food. BAM! The weight came falling off. Just since April, I have lost 40 lbs. I feel like I finally have it figured out.

I've still got a way to go - but one year is a huge accomplishment for me. I'm so thankful for my daughter and my super supportive husband, and most of all - so PROUD of myself.

So, TL;DR

Height: 5'5

SW - 269
CW - 181
GW - 150
UGW - 140

Starting size - 18/20, XL/XXL
Current size - 13/14, L
Goal size - 8, M/L

Picture time!

BEFORE (Around Dec. 2012):
amjq.jpg

AFTER (Today):
0uar.jpg

2o0z.jpg

AFTER (Today):
hnoq.jpg

lur8.jpg

AFTER Today:
wyhs.jpg

BEFORE (Around Feb. 2013):
ge5m.jpg

AFTER (Today):
g2q4.jpg

Replies

• clearlyme
    Options
    awesome job!
  • tbullucks06
    Options
    You should be soooo proud of yourself! What a fantastic job you have done! What an inspiration!
  • rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Out of curiosity, how tall are you? And what have you been doing to lose the weight?
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You look wonderful!! Happy birthday to your daughter! :)
  • blen85
    blen85 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    wow. incredible job!
  • LadyHye
    LadyHye Posts: 2
    Options
    Wow, you're disappearing! lol You look amazing!
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!
    You look fabulous! Out of curiosity, how tall are you? And what have you been doing to lose the weight?

I am 5'5. I just exercise and watch what I eat. No soda, alcohol, trans fat, hydrogenated oils or high fructose corn syrup. No eating out except for special occasions. I prefer to cook so this isn't a big deal for me. Fresh produce whenever possible. But I'm not, like, anal retentive about it. I eat when I'm hungry, eat what I'm hungry for, and allow myself a treat once a week. I never feel deprived and find that what I'm doing now is something I could easily do for the rest of my life.
  • dbletwins
    Options
    WOW! I didn't think you looked very big in your December photo - but seeing you in your current photos you can certainly see an amazing transformation! You look fantastic! I would have guess you much taller than 5'5" based on my initial comment. You're beautiful and showing your daughter fantastic, life-long habits!
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    WOW! I didn't think you looked very big in your December photo - but seeing you in your current photos you can certainly see an amazing transformation! You look fantastic! I would have guess you much taller than 5'5" based on my initial comment. You're beautiful and showing your daughter fantastic, life-long habits!

I can say for certain that in all before photos, I had on at least 3 layers of Spanx. Ha.

Thank you. =)
  • dbletwins
    Options

I can say for certain that in all before photos, I had on at least 3 layers of Spanx. Ha.

Thank you. =)

Three layers of Spanx made you look curvy rather than all-out heavy. Maybe you've stumbled on to something? How to get stick straigtht girls to look curvy? :laugh:
  • matmantn
    matmantn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look amazing... great job
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    wow - amazing!
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Yup - the best gift to yourself, and an even better birthday present for your daughter. Imagine how your confidence and health ways will inspire her to be the best she can be!
  • LCSoulkat
    LCSoulkat Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You look great....well done...Be proud and stand tall ;)
  • tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Good job you look great!
  • rgagnon1
    rgagnon1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • phw426
    phw426 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Wow...that is some amazing progress in such a short time...you look happy.
  • Anna_Joys_Journey
    Anna_Joys_Journey Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal job!!! What a great path to start for you and your daughter!!! :)
  • Rosie958r
    Rosie958r Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Looking amazing!
  • jstallings214
    jstallings214 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look amazing! Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!