Finally got my exercise high!

Options
Pearsquared
Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
I had always wondered about this "high" that people get after they exercise. I wouldn't ever be completely miserable after a workout, but I didn't necessarily feel better after my workout than I did before.

Well, turns out I may not have been working out hard enough to attain it. I felt so darn good after this workout, and it was the hardest workout I've ever had.

Anyone else get this "high" before? It definitely makes me want to push harder with my fitness level.

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Never did with cardio and it depends on my lift days. If it's a good day, then yes, I leave on cloud nine and wishing I could stay.
  • FloraDelirus
    FloraDelirus Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Actually, I think I got to experience it today for the first time too. I was buzzin after getting off the elliptical and the time just flew by. I only have time for 30 min during my lunch between getting down to the little gym and then showering afterwards cause I sweat something fierce when I workout.

But some jerk had to ruin it for me. I was so in the zen after my workout this morning, feeling a bit 'wobbly' and all, but good. As I was getting dressed, some jacka** came in and turned on the TV and sound system which has a speaker that feeds into each small, tiled locker room and just about BLASTED my eardrumbs out. Even when I complained loudly (I was half dressed and wasn't about to go out and tell him to turn it down), nothing happened (probably couldnt' hear me). I'm thinking, 'ARE YOU DEAF?' Of course it was a sports channel I had to listen to as I finished up getting ready, at top volume, so as I left I gave the muscled bound skinny assed guy the 'look of death' as I left like 'I hope you fall on your face on that treadmill dude!'

Some might not think that's not nice but you know....I was so diggin the feeling I was having and then to have him just ruin it like that with extreme painful sound reverberating in the locker room. He was being inconsiderate of those who might also be in the area.
  • dbletwins
    Options
    Endorphin rush - other than results, the best part of working out! I only get it with a good cardio workout. About the time I think I can't do more my endorphins start pumping and I think I can keep up the pace all day long!

I can't. But I like to think, even for a few minutes, that I can. :tongue:
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    All the time. It's like crack.. When I'm crabby I go pump some iron and all the sudden the world is a beautiful place again :D
  • slhass10
    slhass10 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    If I don't get the rush I didn't work out hard enough!!
  • Southern_Belle_LA
    Southern_Belle_LA Posts: 931 Member
    Options
    I've gotten it pretty often during cardio or when I played sports! However, I didn't start getting the immense high that lasts until I started lifting. I call it reaching my "Iron Orgasm" it has been unbelievable and I get sad on days I can't lift!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    yep, every single time, you gotta work it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!