Help!! I've reached a plateaue

Options
rcockrell6
rcockrell6 Posts: 17 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Help! I started this back last Aug. and was doing really well, but I plateaued around Dec. Some one told me to try fruit and Veg. for three days and hasn't really helped. I do exercise when I get the chance. If you can give me some ideas please. I really love this site and it has helped. Thank you for the help.

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    You're undereating. Eat more. Give it time. At LEAST Net 1200 calories.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    After taking a peek at your diary I agree with trogalicious. I'd suggest you eat your full TDEE for a week or two and then change your weight loss goal to 1 lb or 1.5 lbs per week and eat that amount. Your body needs fuel!
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Agree with the above two posters - unless you have some medical condition that would cause your metabolism to be slow, you're not eating enough. This is a great post with resources for calculating calorie goal: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13
  • ylor89
    ylor89 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I was at a plateau too for almost three months. I was eating between 1200-1350 calories a day, and finally I went to see my doctor and she said my body had gone into starvation mode. She suggested that once a week, I up my calories to 1500-1800. I started doing that and saw my weight going down again. The closer you get to your ideal weight, the harder it is to lose those pounds too. So instead of wanting to lose a pound a week, I've changed it to losing a half a pound a week. These last ten pounds are going to take a while, but I'll get there! Good luck!!!
  • rcockrell6
    Options
    I was eating the 1200 cal. but since I stopped losing the weight they told me to try fruit and veg. for 3 days to shock my body. It hasn't helped. Look at my diary a little further back and see what you think. Thank you
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I was eating the 1200 cal. but since I stopped losing the weight they told me to try fruit and veg. for 3 days to shock my body. It hasn't helped. Look at my diary a little further back and see what you think. Thank you

You want us to go farther back in your diary to see that you were regularly eating 1200 calories? And that's what you were doing when you hit this plateau? Going farther back in your diary doesn't change my suggestion. You need to eat more - not less. You will still lose weight.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
    Options

Congratulations on your great weight loss!

What we are looking at is that your Goal in your Food Diary is 1200. Your Goal needs to be a lot more. Then you do need to actually eat that goal and get some protein in there! Fruit and vegetables do not meet most people's fat and protein needs.

Go to MY HOME > Settings> Update diet/fitnessprofile.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided

Reset all your goals. Set it to "Lose 1 pound per week" and "moderately active" . No one is Sedentary if they have any type of job or go to school or take care of a house or children.

It will likely tell you to eat more like 1600. DO that. If you exercise, add in your Exercise and eat those calories too. That is the way this site is designed to be used. What worked at 70 pounds overweight won't work at 30 pounds overweight.
  • rcockrell6
    Options
    Thank you all for the help I will try all the helpful hints.
This discussion has been closed.