Jillian Michaels DVD Routine

Options
I am looking to start a new home workout routine. I have purchased several of the Jillian Michaels DVD's and was wondering if anyone had a suggestion on a routine for them. I am looking to lose weight and tone my body. I see a lot of people get results within 30 days using her DVD's. So i'm hoping to do the same.

Here are the DVD's I have:

Killer Buns and Thighs
6 week 6 pack
Ripped in 30
30 Day Shred
No More Trouble Zones

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it! I also run 3 days and week and am watching my calories.

Replies

• hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Eat clean (at least mostly...I've been successful eating MOSTLY clean)..you don't have to be perfect, but the more clean you eat, the better off your results will be.

Pick ONE DVD each month. Follow the plan Get a calendar and check off when you've completed it. Doing this gives you a sense of accomplishment.

I did 30DS, RI30, Hip Hop Abs, Insanity, and am now doing FocusT25. So, yeah... I'm pretty accustomed to the home workouts.
  • scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend the 30DS ... you can probably even find a group starting it for motivation (there seems to be one starting each month). Although I'm sure all the DVDs are good (I've only done the 30DS thus far) the 30DS seems to be the most well known and you'll probably just get a little more feedback from people on it.

I did a post on my blog about it (broke down the exercise list) http://jenbsjourney.blogspot.com/2013/08/30dayshred-did-it.html You basically do level 1 for 10 days, level 2 for 10 days and level three for 10 days and done. The group I was with took weekends off (or used them to makeup any missed days during the week) and I thought that worked well. It's a full body, strength+cardio+abs. It's a great one to start a home workout routine!
  • AMummysLife
    AMummysLife Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    30DS is great if you're just beginning to do her workouts. They're generally meant to be 10 days each level and I think most people do them 5-6 days a week.

Ripped in 30 is the next level up from that. 1 week each level. I'm starting that on Monday if I remember my starting dates correctly.

6 weeks 6 pack would be the next one up from that and so on and so forth.

No more trouble zones is the only one with a single workout and goes for about an hour so that's the one I usually just chuck in whenever I feel like it. It has a big focus on your arms though. It uses dumbbells pretty much the whole time while you're working on everything else so use lighter weights than you might normally use for that one.
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I also run 3 days and week and am watching my calories.

Watch your calories, but just remember that WHAT you eat will literally shape your body. If you want to be tones, eat clean. Trust me. I did straight calorie counting for 3 years, and never got fit. Just skinny, but still flabby. I now have abs AND I had a baby. It's all about the nutrition.
  • Mjlefty35
    Mjlefty35 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've tried a lot of them as well but I get bored fast so I am thinking that I might mix it up daily to keep things fresh? Any thoughts on that idea for me? Most of them are Jillian's DVDs but I also have Billy Banks and Bob as well along with some others . . .
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Ive tried all of thoese dvds and 30DS is the winner! Do it for 60 days!:bigsmile:
  • mbhomishak
    mbhomishak Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would like to be able to mix a few of the DVD's together because I have a tendency to get bored with just one DVD. I'm thinking about doing the 30DS with 6 week 6 pack and then killer buns and thighs.
  • PunkinSpice79
    PunkinSpice79 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing 30DS for the first time. I joined a challenge to complete it in 30 days. I'm on day 21 (no rest days). I've lost 2.25" in my waist already. I'd highly recommend it. I'm trying to decide what I want to do next...
  • PrincessYorga
    Options
    30DS is amazing!!! I just completed it last week. I did it for 34 days straight (had a buddy doing it with me and did extra days to stay on track with her since she had to miss a couple here and there as she is a runner and had races). I took 2 rest days the entire time (if I do it again, I will definitely NOT do it every day without resting - sometimes it got to be a little much). I had AMAZING results - lost a combined total of 20.5" - most notably 5" from my waist, 4" from my thighs and 3" from my hips. I haven't tried any of Jillian's other DVD's yet, but I think Ripped in 30 is next on my list. Good luck with your workouts!!! Jillian is GREAT!
  • TipTopMMR
    TipTopMMR Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I would like to be able to mix a few of the DVD's together because I have a tendency to get bored with just one DVD. I'm thinking about doing the 30DS with 6 week 6 pack and then killer buns and thighs.

I guarantee--you WON'T be bored. I mix it up with her all the time; 30DS, Ripped in 30, No More Trouble, Banish Fat...they are all great and you will get stronger. I use anywhere between 5-20 lb weights now, depending on the move.