You need support? Me too! :D

Options
Hi! Since I was basically a wee one, I have struggled with my weight. I've gotten pseudotumor cerebri and lost my peripheral vision due to being so extremely overweight...and I fear that I am going to end up with the same kind of health problems my mom has because of this. I'm 22 years old, my entire family is overweight, my mom has a huge amount of health problems, and my younger sister who is only 18, is already on blood pressure pills and bigger than I am. We all decided recently to exercise together and eat healthier, but both my mom and sister don't seem to have their heart and mind in it.

I am currently 280 pounds, my heaviest being 365 and my lowest in the past couple of years, 255. I haven't been in the 100s since I was younger than 13.

I am trying to stay motivated and really focus on myself. I've changed my eating habits for about a month and a half now, with so far, good results. I allow myself a cheat day twice a month--I've learned doing this so far helps with me controlling my cravings and so far it doesn't seem to effect my weight as badly as I thought it would.
I have been exercising but sometimes I get lazy about it, especially when I am sore from a workout.

I also can sometimes get obsessive and frustrated with not doing enough or doing too much and this makes me want to give up easier. But...I want to keep going. I am so tired of losing some pounds and then quitting and gaining weight all over again, and MORE. I worry all of the time about losing more of my vision, but I have such an addiction to food that it hasn't helped motivate me to lose the weight as much as it should.

So...I am definitely looking to make friends on here...feel free to add me. I think it is important to have people motivating you and helping you keep your head on along the way. (If you would prefer me to critique your food diary, let me know otherwise I won't do it. Just to let any of you know, I would prefer to have mine critiqued, as long as it's not in a cruel manner :P)

Replies

• TomTomato
    TomTomato Posts: 223
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've been slacking a bit lately and need to pick it up. We can help each other on this journey.
  • Jolie_K
    Jolie_K Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well ! I could really use some support right now