Can i get some advise on my calorie intakes/Nets, Please?

Options
Today :
Calories I ate today: 120
Calories I burned Exercising: 215
Net:-95

Yesterday:
Calories I ate:927
Calories I burned Exercising: 1,056
Net:-129

monday:
Calories I ate: 995
Calories I burned Exercising: 945
Net: 50

Sunday:
Calories I ate: 472
Calories I burned Exercising: 1,001
Net:-529

Saturday:
Calories I ate: 1,250
Calories I burned Exercising: 1,318
Net:-68

Am i eating too less/too much. I'm unclear on how much i should cut back. I'm 18 years old, and i'm 6ft1, I exercise a lot to burn off every calorie i eat and then some. I've been dieting for a few weeks now.

Replies

• fromnebraska
    fromnebraska Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is INSANE. You are eating WAYYYYYY too little. Give us more details. Are you male or female? What is your current weight? How are you able to function with so little to eat and so much exercise?
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    You're eating WAY too little. You're net should NEVER be a negative number. In fact, your net should never be below your BMR (the number of calories your body needs to survive while completely inactive). Doing this will cause your body to begin to take 'shortcuts' in order to survive on the small number of calorie you're giving it.

PLEASE calculate you BMR and aim for AT LEAST that number every day. Also aim to eat back around 80% of your exercise calories.
  • nightshade94
    Options
    I'm male, and i weighed myself weeks ago and it was 275, but im sure its less now.
  • TheFangsKittie
    TheFangsKittie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Are you male/ female, what is your current weight. From the diary you are consuming far too little and exercising too much for your calorie intake, I;m actually worried that what you are doing is dangerous for your health.
  • nightshade94
    Options
    Also i haven't seen any changes in the way i function. I haven't been feeling hungry or tired either.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    Options
    Also i haven't seen any changes in the way i function. I haven't been feeling hungry or tired either.

Frequent undereating can ruin your 'appetite' and make you feel less hungry. That doesn't mean it's a good thing, at all.

MFP has calculated your BMR at 2306 calories, based on your details provided. This is what your body needs to properly function everyday, without an added exercise. Not meeting this will result in initial weight loss, but long term can lead to muscle loss, fatigue, hair loss and organ failure. And then death.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    Options
    Net 2500 a day....just like I said in your other thread exactly like this one.
  • ElaB29
    ElaB29 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How do you get by on 120 calories in 1 day, are you counting all of your calories?

if you are not eating enough your body will go into starvation mode, i try not to always eat all of my excercise calories.

I would maybe re check what you are eating, burning off and excercising?

120 calories is v little , 2 weetabix with milk has about 180 cals!
  • nightshade94
    Options
    Today i got 120 because i only ate breakfast so far. Also i do count my calories and i'm strict about them, and count carefully
  • fromnebraska
    Options

^^This

Don't be afraid to eat food when trying to lose weight. There is no point in starving yourself. Your body needs food, even if you don't have an appetite.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    Options
    Today i got 120 because i only ate breakfast so far. Also i do count my calories and i'm strict about them, and count carefully

It doesn't matter, because you're eating too little. If you continue on this road, you WILL suffer negative side effects and you could easily cause permanent damage to your body. Please start eating more.
  • nightshade94
    Options
    i just added 421 to my calories today. How less can i eat, while still being healthy?
  • fromnebraska
    Options
    You need to eat about 1800 more calories today and not exercise.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    You can eat none less and be healthy. You can eat A LOT more and still not be healthy. This has got to be a troll thread.
  • nightshade94
    Options
    this isnt a troll thread, im just new to all this.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

This. You have a lot to lose so it's less of a deal to undereat, but yeah, you want to net at least 2000... 2500 would be better.
  • nightshade94
    Options
    i just read online that 1200 is the lowest intake while still getting all the nutrients you need.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    Options

How old are you, really?

Here - in your other thread there are some really good answers. Go read them.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    Options

You need to aim for at least 2300 calories, if you just sit around all day. As SOON as you exercise, you need to consume more. Aim to eat back around 80% of the calories you burn.

When you begin to eat more you may find you gain some weight initially, do not reduce your calories! Just keep at it and you will see healthy, positive, results.