Down 54 Pounds!

Options
Hello Everyone,

I have reached my 50 pound mark! I had hit a plateau a few weeks ago and was afraid to get on the scale. When I did Tuesday I found out I had lost 4 pounds. I am now under the 200 pound mark which I had not been for at least ten years. It has been a struggle some days, but it is really worth it. I encourage everyone to stick with it. Yes, clothes fit better and all, but I thank God that I don't cringe when I have to go up and down a flight of stairs. That my knees don't ache all the time, and that my blood pressure is down - lower than it's been for a long time.

What are some of the physical changes that everyone has experienced?

Replies

• lose50tobehappy
    lose50tobehappy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey! How did you do it? How did you lose 54 pounds. I am trying to do that before my 20th birthday which in 6 months.
  • tifsimmons91
    tifsimmons91 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    50 lbs? That's amazing! I too woukd like to know how you were able to do it. I need to lose a little over 50 lbs to finally be under 200 lbs.
    925448672 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I remember the day I broke 200lb. It wasn't by much... but the scale said 199.8lbs. I got on and off that thing probably 15 times before I actually accepted the weight it told me. After that I danced in my underwear for another 10 min or so. Lol. I started at 250lbs. Today im at 177lb. Its taken me 12 months to get here and as you already know...it wasnt the easiest! Dont worry. Ive hit quite a few plateaus but as long as you keep your motivation it will keep coming off :-). Im genuinely happy for you! Congratulations!
  • raneylfrick
    raneylfrick Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!!!
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy to read of your success! As for me, there are so many reasons to be glad to have lost 60+ lbs, reasons besides the numbers on the scale. I feel more healthy. I can climb stairs by running up them, not laboring up and being out of breath. I can wear a belt, yes a belt! I can walk any distance I wish, limited only by the size of my bladder! I can fit into any piece of clothing that I like the looks of. On the street, I pass for a person of normal weight. That's a biggie, as I always felt ashamed of my weight when I was so heavy. I felt like a failure and I don't anymore. My only regret is that I wasn't able to get a handle on this before. Good for you for taking this on at a younger age!
  • nedtoloseme
    nedtoloseme Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

How did I do it? Counting calories, exercising (@ least 5 to 6 dsys a week) & telling myself not to give up. I find that I love exercising! The one thing I will tell anyone that this has to be about you - you have to be a little selfish. I have had cheat days, but for the most part I get back on track soon after. This is a lifestyle change - not a diet. If I can do it anyone can. You can do it folks, Ibelieve in all of you!
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Plateau's are not fun. Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!