HELP...

Options
martini217
martini217 Posts: 13
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I am having a really tough time getting in 8 glasses of water!
Any suggestions??!

Replies

• JagerLewis
    JagerLewis Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    You could add Mio to your glasses...or even Crush and Kool-Aid make the liquid flavorings. I used to have a hard time chugging it down and those helped it go down a lot easier. Now, I have no issue with plain water. I hope this helps you!
  • terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    If you cant drink it plain, try adding some flavoring to it. thing is, the more you try to drink it, you will really like it!! Really !!!
  • jennkess
    jennkess Posts: 86
    Options
    drink a glass first thing in the morning when you wake up. then go about your normal morning routine. not only will it start your water count for the day it is great for your digestive track and gets your body going first thing,.

also measure out a glass. 8oz is not as much as you think

good luck!
  • hararayne
    hararayne Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    64 oz of water (if you weigh around 130 lbs) might be easier to do if you take it in cup size. Set an alarm and drink 1 cup every few hours. 1 cup = 8oz.

A typical drinking glass is 16 oz. you only need 4 GLASSES a day. Sip throughout the day as well. I have found that drinking tea adds to my water consumption as well.
  • madtownjeremy
    Options
    Remember that tea, coffee (arguably) and tasty unsweetened sparkling water all count toward your daily count.

If I really stop to count, there's no way I stay below 64 Oz.
  • exie95
    exie95 Posts: 12
    Options
    One 16 ounce bottle of water = 2 cups of water

All you need to do is drink 4 bottles of water a day

You could buy one of those single use flavor adder things (such as crystal light) or even MIO

Good luck!!!
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Milk in your cereal? A glass of milk? A piece of fruit? A bowl of soup? Iced tea? Coffee? You're most likely getting a lot more fluids than you think.
  • Lexi507
    Lexi507 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Use a straw. If I try to drink water out of a glass, it sits there for hours, but if I drink through a straw, I have no problem.
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hot water with lemon is nice
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KiwiJewels
    KiwiJewels Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have to say I really don't like water either, but I knew I needed to drink at least 6 cups of plain water every day! This isn't too bad when it is hot, and I'm thirsty, but it's winter here now, and sometimes I JUST don't feel like it! I work a desk job, and what I found helped is to get a 1.5L water bottle, and a glass, and have that on my desk right beside me. Everytime I think of it, I drink some (usually a glass at a time chugged down), and then fill the glass up again straight away. That way I know how much I've had, how much I've yet to drink and I don't have to remember how many glasses I've drunk so far! It has now reached the point that my body lets me know when I haven't had enough water that day! It is used to 1.5 and it demands said amount :-) Maybe it's time to increase to 2 litres now... (and move closer to the bathroom of course LOL)
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I have a very hard time with water as well. But if you spice it up a bit that makes it a bit better. Add cucumbers, lemon or fruit to the water. It gives it a nice new flavor. Another that I did today was use a straw! For some reason the water goes down easier .. I got in 24 cups of water today!! :) Good luck!
  • l0l0p
    l0l0p Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    use straws(;
  • marysidneyherbert
    Options
    sparkling water with ice and a squeeze of lime or lemon--sometimes I add some crushed fresh mint
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I have chronic issues with not drinking enough water. So I drink tea. And I measure my progress like most people monitor calories.

I make a 6 cup pot of looseleaf tea at my work desk every day and sweeten it with only 1 tbsp of honey. Its enough that is tastes sweet, but it stops me from over-sweetening each cup which would pack in the calories! If I dont finish that tea, it goes into a bottle for me to work on during my bus ride home. Then I aim to have a large cup of water with/after dinner.

On the weekends its a bit of a struggle but I use a large cup that holds 2 cups of liquid. I only have to drink a minimum of 4 during the day so its easy to get a real sense of where I am at.

I count all liquid towards my water goal- even soup. I try to avoid coffee except for my single morning cup. My goal is 3L or more but most days 2 is all I reach.

PS- The straw tip really works! :happy:
  • PrayerOfHeart
    PrayerOfHeart Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just do cardio, then you will want to drink more too. :)
This discussion has been closed.