Healthy & Delicious "FRIED" Chicken Tacos!

Options
getting_fit86
getting_fit86 Posts: 128 Member
I absolutely love Mexican food. I am obsessed with tacos in any way, shape or form. I decided to come up with a much healthier version of one of my favorites - fried chicken tacos. You still get that wonderful crunch from the batter on the chicken all wrapped up in YUMMY goodness!

Ingredients for crispy chicken filling: (Serves 4 people):
-2-3 chicken breasts cut into small fillets
-1/2 cup of almond flour (this can be substituted for almost any kind of flour you are comfortable with. If you want to use multi-grain flour, white flour, coconut flour, etc go ahead!
-1 tsp garlic powder
-1/4 cup crushed rice crispies
-pinch of ground black pepper
-pinch of chilli powder
-2 egg whites (could substitute with almond milk for vegans)

Directions: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. You want that oven nice and hot but note: if your oven is typically hotter than the average, be sure to watch the chicken for burning! In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, seasonings and rice crispies together until blended. Dip your chicken fillets into the egg whites and coat with flour mixture. Put on a banking sheet with a little bit of olive oil spray (if you want the chicken extra crispy spray a little of olive oil onto the chicken fillets themselves). The flour mixture is very versatile. If you want to add different spices, more flour or less flour be my guest.

Bake for 20-30 minutes (if you are using small chunks the time may differ).

Once cooked, throw on a whole-grain tortilla shell and top with your favorite taco toppings. My favorites are red onion, salsa, cheese, sourcream and tomatoes!

SOO GOOD

Replies