What's your motivation?

Options
Regardless of if you think so or not, everybody has some sort of motivation for wanting to lose weight or be healthier. My motivation is that I want to be able to wear a bikini by May 1, 2014. It's something that I've always to do and I've finally decided to work towards my goal.

I'm curious as to what is your motivation, MFP?

Replies

• sambernardo
    sambernardo Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh I have tons of it. I want to be able to wear a bikini. I want to not feel fat in jeans. I want to be a good role model to my daughter. I want to be able to do things and not be out of breath. I want to be fit enough to do a tough mudder or a color run. I want to be healthy and live along time. Just lot's of little things.
  • DaniKaren
    DaniKaren Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My motivation is health.
  • MacMomma2013
    MacMomma2013 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I are heading down south (just the two of us, no kids), in January. I've put on some weight since our last trip, and just want to look and feel my best.

Additionally, I want to set a good example of healthy eating and exercise for my two girls.
  • lsamllr7
    lsamllr7 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My motivation is when I look in the mirror I like what I see. I used to 130 lbs post 2nd baby who is now 16 years old and each year 5 lbs would creep up to where I am now. Right now I can't stand taking pictures because I don't like what I say. And then there is the health issue. I know I would feel better. Need lots of support though. I tend to have a lot of stress in my life. So I welcome positive people so that we can encourage each other. I will tell you I Iog at night most of the time. I am usually gone most of the day. But I do look at people's post and comment when I do log on.
    :smile:
  • Ariberri9
    Ariberri9 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My personal health, both physical and mental. I feel much more confident after a run than I ever have before. I feel beautiful covered in sweat.

Plus, I've lost a ton of inches; and my physical health has improved greatly. So I want to go farther!

Plus, I want a six-pack. :D